1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Post your Trackday pictures here

Discussion in 'Trackdays & Rider Skills' started by Rob, Mar 5, 2012.

1. Cheers, don't know what was going on with with those guys but I so nearly ran into the back of the Yamaha! Thanks for the feedback, I'll put it in the armoury for next time, I was actually trying to take later apexes a lot of the time but clearly still more to gain. I'm using race pattern gb and had a momentary lapse of concentration at 9.42, went up a gear instead of down and had to fumble for the right gear, whilst running on, thought it was time to come in then, my age catching up with me :grinning:.

• Like Like x 1
  2. The Redline used a local photographer and looking at his FB page does a lot of work at the circuit. Very slow getting them, but brilliant quality and only 30 euros for 60 x HD pics , which is the cheapest I've ever bought home or away...:sun:
    Oh look, here's another one....:D
    2K6A3396.jpg

#1402 Nelson, Oct 20, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2017
    • Like Like x 5
  3. Some of the riding in that video is diabolical...not yours btw.
    What was with all the green T shirts?

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. I'd have been happy to pay that!!

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. That was my first session in the fast group, having been moved up, I did wonder what the f**k was going on :confused:. There was a group of about 12 mates with green T shirts, think they were all trying to get on track at the same time and beat one another up :mad:, although from that video some of the NL instructors were no better.

6. That is the secret to enjoying track time - knowing when your mind is beginning to wander and getting off the track as soon as, good on you! :upyeah:

And yeah, was a strange riding group for sure, I wouldn't have fancied hitting one of those corners with those guys riding as if they were on a day trip or smelling the flowers... ffs you'd hope the organisers would sort that shit out.

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. A little entertainment - two days before the 2017 Ducati day I managed to do this, was the first dry-ish session of the day as it'd been pissing down all morning. Meant I couldn't do the Ducati day as it mashed my left collarbone, still I managed to turn up (I had to collect my bike/van) and say hi to a few mates and some of the guys on here. Not the best of results as my right collarbone was still recovering from a crash a couple of months earlier... ho hum, enjoy:

8. Ouch. Strange crash as you’re not leaning far and the engine sound doesn’t sound like you’re braking hard
    Cold tyre maybe ?

9. Yes mate, caught me by surprise too! Was braking and just tipping in when the gearbox jumped into neutral and that was that. If you listen to the sound of the engine immediately before it goes does down you can hear the engine revs drop to idle, lost all drive in an instant - with the result was as seen in the video :(

Ps. tyres were up to temp in controlled warmers but yes the track was cold + damp

10. i really want some new wheels but not sure i want to go carbon now, i was never keen but sort of came round to the idea but now not sure again!! :rolleyes:

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. Btw that low side didn't cause any damage to the wheels!

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  12. at least you crashed on possibly the slowest corner on the track.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  13. Most people I know who track them upgrade the cartridges to Ohlins or similar, the front end and confidence on the brakes is one of my favourite things about the Pani.

14. Ah yeah, I can hear it now
    I don't mind crashing if I know why, but something like that would bug me massively
    At least you got away lightly, and like said above, lucky it was on such a slow corner and not tipping into turn one

15. Oops unlucky. On the upside at least you got a video :)

16. Exactly! I was "WTF happened there?" It didn't help that I was hanging off the bike like a demented chimpanzee and had a handful of front brake on (not a silly amount).
    It did bug the sh*t outta me! I'd rented a place for a few days as there was the Ducati day 2 days later - so spent that evening going through the video trying to understand it. As you quite rightly say - crashing is OK if you know the cause! :upyeah:

Yes I've often wondered since if it would be better or worse in a higher speed corner, on the one hand it's gonna hurt you and your wallet more if it does go down but on the other you've more momentum and possibly time to sort it out. Hanging off the bike, with the brakes on, at around 45MPH into a slow corner really doesn't give you much of a chance to save it. I've no idea though and don't want to test it out either! :cold_sweat:

Haha that's exactly what I thought! :laughing:

Such a bummer I didn't have the cameras rolling, despite being fitted, when I 360'd it the other week... I would have LOVED that footage! :joy: :sob:

#1418 Air Duck, Nov 2, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2017
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Nuke Post Nuke Post x 1
  17. Cartagena 13-15th November. 141117_4208_cartagena.jpg 141117_4208_cartagena.jpg 141117_4193_cartagena.jpg c9204d0f07be5541736f3a8f0981254a8a224c233c05d1871ded51a4773b9634.jpg

• Like Like x 10
  18. In your face beatch.

As a dear and much-missed Irish friend (TT god and multiple national championship winner) would often remind me "it's not size the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog that matters".

As fast as Marc Marquez (2017 timings) through this section on an old 999 with a mildly-modified Multistrada engine at Silverstone October 2017, it was difficult walking after a massive crash some weeks before but being on the bike was kinda OK even if it did feel like I was trying to move a laden wardrobe (me) around the bike to move the COG. Flame on bitches, IDGAF:

SStone GP2 2017.PNG

• Like Like x 5
Do Not Sell My Personal Information