1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Potholes and road hazards - fixmystreet

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Pete1950, Oct 12, 2013.

1. what type of plywood? it cant exceed 10mm in depth and you need to show your workings out in the margin on the paper provided, however youre not to permitted to turn the paper over until instructed to do so by the invigilator.

2. fook me andrew, i can see it from here mate!!!!

3. which is pretty much what happened outside my house when they (severn trent) fitted a water meter and laid a new bit if pipe...after years, and i mean years of me writing to them about water flooding the side of my house and my bills which had trebled, they finally did a proper survey...another 6 months later, they sent another bloke in a hi viz with a clipboard to confirm what the first hi viz clip board has said, but told me that i needed to do an investigation along the path on my property because of the boundary...
    i was very ill at the time, so a mate came and dug the concrete path up...water literally pished up in a minute of two..filling a three feet hole...after a very, very long time, severn trent admitted they'd fekked up and ended up replacing the entire pipework from the roadside to my stop tap....then i had the pleasure of trying to claim several years worth of over paid water bills...

4. really?..................i didnt think you could see much further than beyond the end of your own nose....:wink:

5. Been using it for several years now and it has a tendency to focus the councils attention because they cannot deny liability (in the event of damage or accident) when they have been informed of a defect and they have not taken any remedial action, this is also useful for reporting pavement defects. The AA have been running an annual survey to find out what condition the roads are in but I don't know if this is passed to local councils or just highlighted in national press.

6. I generally report direct to the council (each councils' website has a page for reporting such things), and go to other places only if nothing's happened. Has to be said though, that most of my reports have been responded to straight away. Although they're not speaking to me at the moment! I've been digging into them quite heavily about the amount of road 'furniture' in the roads these days (you know, speed humps, narrowing kerbs, pedestrian islands, etc), and they guy I've been emailing has stopped responding...

7. Used it several times. Pretty handy and saves talking to some poor soul in a call centre :smile:

8. The potholes I reported on 12 Oct have just been fixed today (23 Oct). They seem to have done a pretty good job.

9. Yep, I've always seen a pretty good response when I've reported poyholes. It's well worth doing.

10. Reported some in my street earlier in the month, they have been out, surveyed it and done a partial repair and the whole street now has lovely yellow paint all over. Expecting lots of repairs to come

11. I have just reported some more potholes to the council via FixMyStreet. Let's see how long it takes to fix them.
    FixMyStreet

• Like Like x 1
  12. I am a fellow of the Pothole Reporting Society :)

I use an app called "Fill that Hole" that enables you to stop and take a photo. They keep league tables of reported holes % dealt with, etc. I'll have to check out the site you recommend Pete.

Definitely worth getting as many complaints in as possible. I can't believe how good the roads are in comparison through a lot of Europe!

13. Plymouth City Council have just announced a "war on 95 potholes", whatever that means...
    If every pothole in Plymouth was reported on FixMyStreet it would probably crash the system !

14. Workmen have sprayed some marker paint around the potholes, which shows that they have at least looked at them. But still waiting for the potholes to be fixed. [6 April 2017]

15. I've been up in the dales all week. It's been a delight riding and driving on roads without potholes (or not many, anyway)

16. Winter ice and snow has done its work, and now it's the time of year again to report potholes in the road to the council. One good way of doing it is via:
    https://www.fixmystreet.com/

• Useful Useful x 1
  17. 084540AA-B1D9-4047-B45C-0C8D63877F11.jpeg

• Funny Funny x 2
  18. Call that a pot hole? This is a pot hole

[​IMG]

Do Not Sell My Personal Information