1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Power Commander 3 For 996s

Discussion in 'Wanted' started by gee101a, Aug 4, 2022.

1. Hi as above does anyone have a pc 3 for the 996 kicking about that they would sell. Part number is 705-411
    Thanks
    Gee

2. Hello.
    I don't have a PC-3, but I do have a PC-5 that was removed from my 1198SP after less than 2k miles following an ECU remap, that hasn't been used since removal. While it would not have the maps for the 996S, I think they are available:
    https://dynojet.co.uk/14-042.html?find=ducati-996-biposto-996r-s-996sps-2000-232024 .
    However, I don't know what's involved with obtaining and applying new maps, so couldn't help with that.
    If you're interested let me know, and I'll search for it in the garage firstly.
    Tom.

3. Thanks for that, I've spoken to BSD near Peterborough and have been given the part number of the one I need. As far as I know it needs to be bike specific but 100% sure on that

4. *not 100% sure

5. Interesting read. I put 50mm termis on it and it ran like a dog, had the eprom changed, guy said try it and see how it goes, as there's a few different ones. It was OK with the odd stutter so it was OK. Since then I've ridden it a bit harder and it's unearthed the odd stutter/misfire. I've been told that with a power commander the fueling can be set up spot on on a rolling road.

6. Remap be better option

7. Get hold of cjs racing

8. I know it’s a lot to take in, asking you to stop going down one avenue and pursue another but the more you read the more you will feel happy about which way to improve matters. I don’t know if you have read much of Brad Black’s work, but for me it’s just like gospel, the man really knows what he’s talking about and he’s extremely generous when it comes to sharing what he’s found. Slightly controversial, but (moo) twin injectors, certainly opening simultaneously, of that size, were really unnecessary at the beginning of the 996 development, and I can only assume it was an homologation call for possible racing usage in the future. So to explain: – if you were to have combustion chamber/head work done, larger inlet valves , increased compression ratio, Port gas flowing et cetera then you would definitely retain the twin injector set up, and it would work well/benefit the performance of the engine.

9. From what I'm hearing/reading that is the best option but the ecu on the 996s is not adjustable, I think the 996R is though, so a power commander or similar is required to alter the fuelling.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  10. Thanks for taking the time with your reply, where can I find Brad Blacks stuff to read?
    To be honest, mine is a standard bike and not really interested in doing any performance engine work. Riding normally there is no issue at all it's just when it's ridden a bit harder higher up the rev range it gets the odd splutter. I can certainly live with it but if for a few hundred quid it can be ironed out then I think it would be worth doing

11. You can find all of Brad’s stuff on that link I included in an earlier post. I did notice somebody selling a chip that purported to be the same as your UM222 but he’s in the states and I’m not sure I would trust it without further exploration. It’s the Ultimap one that you need really, but as said, general remapping is possible, and might amount to the same thing but disabling one injector is the best route afaic. Regarding “splutter” - if yours is around 3 1/2 k and when ridden hard and is totally standard, then it is a case of, don’t worry, they all tend to do that eventually.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Thanks again Chris, it's more higher up the rev range, but I don't ride it that hard most of the time so doesn't really bother me massively, think like I said in a previous post, if I can sort it for a few hundred quid it's worth it. A power commander came up on ebay the other day, the guy said it did a 748 and 996 but there is a dedicated one for each bike and this was a 748 one so was a bit unsure so left it. Not in any real hurry, something will turn up.

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information