1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Power Commander Or Dp Race Ecu

Discussion in 'Hypermotard' started by scotty663, May 27, 2014.

1. Asked myself this very question....the wasp kit is steep even without the PCV...

I did find the alloy throttle body thingy's on ducabike sometime ago but cant find them again.....as for the airfilters - theyre just stock K&N ones....so I reckon at the most you could do the whole job for a couple of hundred or less plus the mapping....

2. Hmmm would potentially gice a bit more power with seperate cones, they would be truely independent of each other then. Can the pods be fitted directly to the intakes without the velocity stacks?

3. Hi there I also own a Hyper 1100s with termi exhaust, DP racing cams and ducshop stacks, used to have a QS on but took it off. Rode it from Eastbourne to Bristol to see Chris to work his magic on . Top bloke and well worth the ride.

4. Again - I thought that but so Chris the mechanic at LouigiMoto's tells me that's a no....the main reason (his words) is that the air need to be "Shaped" to be dragged into the throttle body's smoothly, hence the rolled edges...

Goes against the grain of what I thought as years ago my old GSX-r 7-11 had K&N's bolted straight on to the slingshot carbs...which gives me a reason to post a pic of the old barge - quite possibly the most frightening thing ive ever ridden to this day...

View attachment Page29.JPG

5. Hugh - what did he get out of yours??

6. Can't remember the exact figures but the bhp was just over 100bhp. Remember he was so impressed with the bike he offered to buy it from me.

#26 Hugh Willmer, Jun 11, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2014
  7. Jeez - that is good - it would seem the cams and air filter make the difference....mine seems weedy by comparison...

8. Has lots of other bits on her like a slipper clutch and light flywheel.

9. That. Sounds the tits....throw up a photo...

10. There is a pic of her in the Hypermotard gallery , 1st one in.

11. I just liked it....quite unassuming actually....nice.

12. Where did you get the ducshop stacks from hugh?

13. And what make are your rearsets? They look very nice!

14. If I remember rightly I got my stacks from cycle works in the USA. The rear sets are rizoma

15. Ken, did you get it mapped by a pro or just use one of the freely available maps? Because I have a pc on my SS and it's transformed the bike, making the fuelling below 3k really smooth and useable. When I first got the PC I tried the standard maps for open pipes and filter but they were crap. after shelling out for a custom map it's beautiful throughout the entire range (as you would expect after investing the cash).

16. Yeah that was me. They made me stick the medical pass on it for parking and enter paddock. with the dark screen it was only place I could stick it. Where did you see me?

17. it was set up on a dyno by a professional

yes it is better than standard, but not as good as a properly set up mikuni

18. Just goingto
    Just going to wake this thread up again.....
    What's the advantage of disconnecting the O2 sensor ?
    Did you change your airbox setup before this dyno ?
    Cheers

19. Once it been dyno'd the o2 sensors are unplugged otherwise they try to "correct" the newly flashed ecu.

20. Ah thanks. So are most of the aftermarket fast flow air filters up to the job ? and I guess the pcv is on the same level as the re flashed ecu ?.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information