1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 DVT Power For Sat Nav... Usb Etc....connector Found! Hidden Jem!

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Kel, Aug 8, 2015.

1. If like me you don't like the din socket with adapters needed for usb etc connection of sat nav wired direct to the battery (a no no for me ) or just want a usb socket up front to power sat nav, charge phone etc...read on.
    On the older Multi some of you may have found and used the spare power outlet that will take it through the ignition system without being on all the time if wired direct to the battery. Zumo gives you a power lead that encourages you to do just that, albeit protected buy a fuse but it means its going to be on all the time... far better and safer to wire it through the ignition.
    The same spare power lead I found on the 2015 model as previous models only in a more hidden place!
    First remove the Unlock Recovery System Cover located on the tank, by simply pulling off in a upwards direction.
    Once removed you'll see two allen key screws, remove the two screws from the plastic "Ducati Logo" strip and simply push this strip forward away from you towards the front end. IMAG0320.jpg
    Once removed you'll discover a set of wires with blank plugs..its the small white one you want.
    IMAG0315.jpg
    IMAG0317.jpg
    IMAG0318.jpg
    IMAG0321.jpg
    Jobs a good un.

• Useful Useful x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Very nice but isn't that for fitting a satnav?

3. Either or I'm using the white plug as power to usb socket from which I can use a usb cable direct to sat nav without the need for all that loom that Zumo give you plus I can charge other things from there if need be.,however yeah if using the Zumo wiring loom you can connect it straight there too. I'm just going for a different mounting option for my Sat Nav than handle bar affair.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information