1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Power For Sat Nav

Discussion in 'Streetfighter' started by Pappy, Oct 4, 2020.

1. anybody fitted a satnav on the street fighter .and is there a power socket as on the Multistrada . Don’t want to power the satnav direct from the battery cheers.

2. IMG_0254.jpeg Allegedly there is a power socket on the left hand side under the tank shroud. I've not dug into there so far.

Right now I have a USB connector wired to the battery powering a Qi connector by Quad-Lock. Then use Google maps on the phone for Sat Nav.

I have had a recent quirk of start switch not doing anything - well its only got one job, but you get the picture. Dealer reckons its the USB connector. I'm less convinced but his solution was to switch the power feed to the sat nav feed on the left...

Anyhow - interested to see how you get on.

#2 vectorzero, Oct 5, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Hi thanks for the reply. Going to take front cover off tank tonight and see if I can find the connection will keep you posted.

4. Hi have taken top and side covers of fuel tank and found no power point to power up satnav. So phoned moto Rapido to confirm this and they have confirmed there’s no power point . They said power it from a alarm if one fitted or there’s a power point under the seat which you can charge the battery from. Or direct to the battery and fit a isolation switch .

5. Very amusing. It was Moto Rapido who told me there was a power point! Sorry for the red herring. I guess it depends on who you talk to there as to whether you get a useful answer.

I think the wiring point under the seat is the DDA connector. I used to trickle charge my Panigale and the Streetfighter through it, but its a pain to take the seat on and off between charges. There is a DDA to SAE connector adapter available from Optimate which would simplify the wiring.

6. Streetfighter Electrics.jpg Item 4 in the picture.

7. You could use a Healtech Thunder Box with the USB charger option.

• Useful Useful x 1
  8. I've ordered one to see if it fixes the issue I have seen in my other thread re starting. It's a clever device. Latest firmware means you can have it AND a trickle charger fitted at the same time.

The earlier firmware means you have to turn it off completely with a switch if you want to use an external charger. Glad I read the instructions before I proceeded...

9. :upyeah:

Do Not Sell My Personal Information