1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V2 Power Lead / Usb Charger

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by Veetoo, Aug 11, 2020.

1. Anybody found a good USB charger for a phone to fit on a Panigale V2 and a good place to mount it? Looking for something to charge my Samsung phone which I use as a sat nav.

• Like Like x 1
  2. I use a Quad Lock handlebar mount with a Quad Lock Qi charger. The Quad Lock kit comes with a USB adapter. Works really well and no fiddling with USB connectors. Just click the phone to the bike and go. I don't work for or with Quad Lock. They're not cheap but having used these for a while you get what you pay for.

https://www.quadlockcase.co.uk/collections/shop-moto

3. I just fitted the SP-Connect wireless charger to my V4. It can either be direct-wired via their extra cost cable (contains a resistor to knock down the voltage), which is what I did more or less, or the unit comes with a "special" USB lead. Of course that means you need a USB port. Back to square 1.

SP stuff is nice quality but bloody expensive.
    received_2729517293987806.jpeg

Oh and if you really want someone to bend you over go to Ducati and buy the SP-Connect cover for your phone. It's nice but triple what you'd pay for the non-Ducati version.
    20200820_154551.jpg

4. Did you ever find a USB adapter and somewhere sensible to tap into 12v switched with the ignition to power it? I already got Quadlock gear including wireless and anti vibration but I too need to find somewhere sensible to get 12v power turned off with the ignition preferably without having to route it all the way from the battery?

5. Oh for info are mounts that connect to the steering stem but they’re €80+ plus postage or brackets that bolt onto the two bolts that hold on the ignition barrel cover but they’re over £50 too!

Do Not Sell My Personal Information