1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Power Plugs ?

Discussion in 'Supersport (2016 onwards)' started by iang27, Nov 2, 2018.

1. 8F9FEDC4-711B-42B5-B273-243967AB604C.jpeg I have just removed the Garmin sat nav mount that was on my bike and unplugged it from the white socket in the picture.
    I read that there are meant to be 3 plugs in the same area but this plug is the only one that I can see.

Where are the other plugs and is there a usb socket there or do you have to use the one under the Seat.

It was to power my iPhone rather than the sat nav.

2. The other two are the heated grips sockets and are further forward. You can't use the other two for anything other than heated grips. They do look identical.
    I have a USB socket attached to the one in your picture to connect my tankbag and my phone. I use the phone for GPS as it has a better GPS system than a dedicated GPS.

3. Thanks, I wanted to use my phone for gps as well.
    How do you connect a usb to that socket ?
    Can you get a specific cable ?

4. I made one up. Might have a spare downstairs. Think that the parts cost was around £18 or so.

5. F850F560-94E7-45AD-B1B6-12A051AAC233.jpeg Thanks Bob,

Did you get something like one of these sockets and wire it to that small plug ?

Do you have a link to the parts you used

Cheers

#5 iang27, Nov 3, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2018
  6. Sort of. That is a panel mounted one and I used a waterproof flying lead that sits next to my ignition key. Cannot find the link to the one that I bought.
    You can buy plugs to fit into that white Ducati socket, but you can also cut down the blank that was in there and solder the wires to it.
    I don't understand why people still use dedicated GPS's anymore. Most modern mobile phones have much better GPS receiver chips in them and there is a huge choice or GPS software out there for free. I use Sygic which talks to me through the helmet.

7. I could cut the plug off my Garmin cable which would be easier but I was going to sell the proper cable and Garmin Zumo mount.

I will have a search for some usb sockets.

8. Sorry that I can't be of more help with the USB end. The one that you picture would need a hole gutting somewhere, that is why I kept away from one like that.

9. 7EC6D089-7F15-4BC7-BD9E-ED1B134D2E51.jpeg This may do the job.

10. That is the one that I have on my SS and the wifes Monster and the nieces Monster.

• Like Like x 1
  11. image.jpeg Would this be of any use to you @iang27 ? You might be able to squeeze it on to the left-hand bar.

12. I have one of those too. Never fitted it because, despite what the information says, it is not waterproof.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Cheers for the offer but I have ordered one of those ones pictured like Bob’s.
    Only £5 so worth a try.
    Thanks anyway.

Now I need an iPhone mount. Don’t know if to go with the quad lock or one of those carbon brackets but still need to mount something to it.

14. I made an alloy mount that goes between the screws for the handlebar mounts for mine, big enough for a few bits on it.

15. I've just replaced these with a better one. They were not providing a sufficient charge to overpower the drain from the phone using GPS so I would get a slow discharge (from the phone... not me).

I ended up getting a 3.0 amp quick charge one and even when taxing the phone, it still charges quick.

The ones you pictured, are fine for lower end things like action cams etc.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Quad lock are brilliant

• Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information