1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 DVT Preload - On Rhs Fork Leg

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Wayne58, Jul 5, 2017.

1. @bradders, Are these the default settings? becaue mine were all different when I received it. Sport was on a high value, Touring was on a medium value and Urban very low. According to the suspension guys once the pre-load is set then it is valid for Sport (to me that means track/spirited road) and Touring (General Road/Comfort ). IMHO it makes sense as Pre-load is set based on an individual sat on a stationary bike, therefore it is the starting point for all modes. After that Rebound/Compression makes a big difference, depending on use. However, I am no suspension expert, hence £59 to have it set up plus the guys were very open about what they were doing and why. It has made the bike more balanced/stable at speed and follows the line in a corner on our dire roads. One of the things I like about the Multi S suspension is that it is easy to try different settings and find what works for you. :upyeah::)

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Let us know how your ride goes

3. On normal bikes totally. On these bikes, especially with skyhook, don't know if that changes as you want the bike to behave differently in different circumstances.

Nothing stopping you having it all the same if you want :)

I have urban low, more chance of foot down if needed. Touring almost right sag, as I need to be able to stop at junctions etc and also want a bit softer then I use a lot firmer for sport and enduro. That's everything tho, all 3 adjustments

4. OK, been out all afternoon in Dorset on roads I know well, with a good mixture of all types of surfaces, I have settled on 5 turns in, which is slightly less than the recommended as that would be 75kg and I'm 85kg, but that felt the best to me. The rear I have set at 14 as a base for all four modes, as like you said Ian, it's merely a base figure for all the modes parameters to work from. With 5 and 14, and after 4 hours plus of non stop fettling, I can now probably whip Jorge, Vale and Marc into shape..... Well nearly :cool:

Thanks to all who inputted to this thread, am guessing we've all gained a little something from it. Thx again.
    Wayne

• Like Like x 1
  5. Please, I beg you, let me know when this event is taking place.
    This I've got to see :bucktooth:

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. @broke, Next round at Austria, their asses belong to me Gareth!!! :upyeah:

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. Time for the stupid question of the day, but what is fully in or out, clockwise and anti clockwise, btw i have 2013 skyhook.

8. And there's me thinking we were on about riding motorcycles :confounded:

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. Fully out, anti clockwise :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  10. On reflection you would have thought a dealer could offer to set the preload up for the customer prior to collection. On the first ride I noticed how bad the front dived under braking so started messing with the settings which greatly improved the handling but still wasn't perfect. As Bradders has mentioned its probable a lot of people don't bother trying to tune the bike to there weight and live with the handling issues.

• Agree Agree x 3
  11. We're similar weights Wayne, and I've set mine up the same at 5 turns in. I have my dash front & rear suspension settings already set at 'Softest' in Sport mode and 'Harder' in Touring mode. Rear pre load at 14 for both. I'm expecting to change these and I'll post my findings.

It'll be interesting how you get on with yours, and if you change your settings...

12. We're similar weights Wayne, and I've set mine up the same at 5 turns in. I have my dash front & rear suspension settings already set at 'Softest' in Sport mode and 'Harder' in Touring mode. Rear pre load at 14 for both. I'm expecting to change these and I'll post my findings.

It'll be interesting how you get on with yours, and if you change your settings...

13. To start, I have set front at 5 turns in, rear at 14, all others to default, see how I get on, but I may soften up sport mode a bit, too choppy for UK roads. But other than that, all good. :upyeah:

14. Softest in sports mode? Surely thats when you want it stiff so as to reduce high speed wallowing?

15. It's great for track bradders, but some like sport mode on road too, and it can be a little firm, so I set sport slightly softer for road use, but then you only need push a button for track, best of all world's , it's why the multi is my favourite bike. :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Right, another stupid question here, but when you say a turn, do you mean one complete revolution or is there a detent to let you know ?
    Frightened to fiddle in case I eff it up !

17. Turn. Put a little mark on it (I use masking tape) so you know where it starts then work from there

18. 2016 DVT S has a little white triangle on the bolt for reference

IMG_3320.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  19. :confused: Just noticed the smaller ref triangle on the outer ring

Do Not Sell My Personal Information