1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Preparing A 1st Generation Multistrada 1200 For A Life On Track

Discussion in 'Builds & Projects' started by bradders, Oct 22, 2021.

1. 2010 multi is big hub. Same as 1098/pani etc.

2. The rear wheel fits fine. I was asked if I was sure it was from a Hyper, which, it transpires, it’s probably not. Every day is a school day. Andy

• Like Like x 1
  3. And so it starts :joy:
    SITTA 520 conversion comprising QR carrier, 15 tooth front/43 tooth rear sprockets and an RK chain ordered. Consensus in the workshop was 15/43 is a reasonable place to start.
    EVR slipper wet clutch and plate set ordered. Can’t find a QS/Blipper for a Multistrada so the bikes needs a good quality slipper rather than the OE torque limiter clutch.
    Brembo M4 rear brake caliper ordered. This is an upgrade which has worked really well on my current Multistrada.
    Brake and clutch reservoirs and brackets for the race m/c’s ordered.
    Domino QA throttle assembly bought.
    Oberon clutch slave cylinder bought.
    Sourced from the spare parts cupboard, rebuilt rear eccentric hub, axle and new rear disc, Brembo billet master cylinders, Brembo M4 front calipers and an Evotech water radiator guard.
    Also expressed an interest in a soon to be advertised Termignoni system.
    Booked in for a belt service with a valve clearance check and a few additional checks to gauge the overall condition of the engine. Also going to remove the ABS manifold/OE brake lines and have bespoke brake lines made. A choice of 2 maps have been suggested which will depend on the acquisition of the Termignoni or keeping the MIVV.
    Job for tomorrow, visit Micheldever Tyres and get the Supercorsa SC’s fitted to the Hyper SP front wheel and (now confirmed) Panigale rear wheel.

Not associated with the build, the Sport’s front brake master cylinder and both wing mirror mounts are in a far better condition than the ones on my current Multistrada so they will be swapped over with the carbon beak and side wings.

I reckon it’s going to be nearly Christmas before the stuff coming from Italy begins to arrive so hopefully I can get some pictures up in the new year.

Andy

4. Tuneboy offer a QS/ blipper

5. Thank you. Had a read of the Tuneboy web site and their blipper requires an O2 sensor to plug into. If my current Multistrada map is anything to go by, the new map for the track bike will delete the O2 sensors. Andy

#25 Android853sp, Oct 25, 2021
    Last edited: May 3, 2022
  6. Yep , it plugs into one of the unused O2 sensor plugs. Also offers map (trim file) switching on the fly if you use their mapping software. Oh and Launch Control too

7. It is, when all said and done, a Multistrada and intended to be just a bit of fun :D Andy

8. Mine is a lot of fun

9. Should be a hoot! I reckon 150 odd hp is about perfect on track if you aren’t a regular racer.
    Will be interesting to see how much it weighs when track-ready. Enjoy!

• Like Like x 1
  10. The quickshifter isn't standalone, it needs the Tuneboy software and mapping to work and most tuners in the UK don't want anything to do with it's software. There was a tuning kit that could be purchased for dyno work.

I had a Tuneboy on my bike with the quickshifter and cruise control for a couple of years. The cruise worked perfectly and by the time I stopped playing with it the quickshifter was pretty good between 2 - 5. (You adjust all the blip values yourself).

In the end I dropped the system when LouigiMoto & CJS tweaked the engine as we couldn't have their mapping and the tuneboy software. Against the improvements they made, I don't miss the QS or cruise.

• Useful Useful x 1
  11. I’m sure you could add a HM QS

12. HM currently don't offer a QS for a Multistrada. The QS/Blipper on the V4 was a revelation having never used one before but nah, I’ll keep it simple to start with. Andy

13. multistrada race bike, good enough for pikes peak :upyeah:

14. [​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  15. Agree totally but sadly I don’t have the same budget :joy: Andy

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. I’d look at rear sets and work from there. Surely another ducati one will work, it’s just getting the rod length and angle usable? Can’t imagine the multi and 1198 have any differences in how a QS would plug in. Otherwise what about a PC5 with QS?

17. or bazzaz??

18. Gentlemen, the QS question can be put to bed, the first iteration of this track bike is not going to have one. If, having ridden the bike in anger, I feel it will benefit from one, we can pick the discussion up again. Andy

19. Interesting build:upyeah: totally agree making it completely manual! Its not like your chasing lap times, more fits and giggles :D good on your!

• Like Like x 1
  20. Disagree for track QS is one of those essential bits of kit like QA throttle or rear sets for more clearance. IMO obvs :upyeah:

Do Not Sell My Personal Information