1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Price Hike

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by Noods, Jun 7, 2017.

1. bike I was offered last week 748r ... TBH rightly or wrongly I was put off by the mileage and the fact it hadn't been started in 4 years.. I was offered it by the owner a luvly guy for £7000 look at the price now! He told me he didn't want to sell it to the trade, unfortunately he obviously did..

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/162543968819

I'm seriously thinking of abandoning my normal means of searching for a new bike and just waiting for the right one to come along here on the DF...

2. Dreaming.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. I'd be surprised if it sells for that money, I have seen far worse from a dealer though.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Am all for making a living, but car and bike dealers just take the piss with mark up !! :mad:

• Like Like x 1
  5. The problem is they are buying up all the bikes that they know we cherish..

#5 Noods, Jun 7, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 7, 2017
  6. Totally agree, but the greedy fuckers still make me sick.

PS. Spelling 6/10...See me :)

• Like Like x 1
  7. 4/10 for the rebuff: grammar too ;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. Still have to beat £25,000 for a 748SP from a dealer on eBay and it had been registered and used. Many dealers don't seem to have much of a clue what they have, the true saleable value and how to go about selling.

Reading the advert it makes you wonder how much this dealer bought it in for, quite possible she (or he) didn't have a clue herself.

• Like Like x 1
  9. There's a dealer this way who's been trying to sell a 748 sps with highish mileage on it for about a year now it's constantly advertised as well. It's got a Foggy Rep paint job on it so of course they advertise it as a "Foggy Rep" rather than a copy of... £10k I don't think so...

10. Pity you didn't offer it on here for £7k I would have bought it.

11. I did....

12. I did....

13. Must have missed it I've been on my hols :bucktooth:

14. Sorry mte I really wish you had the option on it too.. high mileage as I say and a re comm job mind.

15. No worries there's always another bike / car / house / woman etc !

• Funny Funny x 3
  16. Yeah I spoke with him too, didn't he have about 6 bikes for sale ? looks like this 'dealer' bought nearly all of them. I was interested in his 916SP ( he had 748SPS as well ) for £7500 although he did say it was a bit scruffy. Wonder where that went.

Think he wanted £8500 for that MV.

17. Yep that's the one.. as you say it looks like the dealer got the sp the R and the MV

18. Just spoke with the guy, the dealer bought the lot, expect the SP and SPS on eBay soon

19. Yep the sp the r and the MV are all on there now can't see the sps yet...... tbc?

20. Just gone on eBay. He may have been a luvly guy but when I spoke to him he said nothing about the SP being a Cat D... he wanted £7500, is it really an SP ?

IMG_0137.PNG

Do Not Sell My Personal Information