1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Price Hike

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by Noods, Jun 7, 2017.

1. Even from the couple of pictures you can see what a shitter it is! Would give half that 7500, given you'll spend a few thousand more restoring it

2. Sorry to hijack thread but is 1900 miles considered high mileage for a 15 year old bike.

3. huge... I wouldn't dream of putting 126.6 miles a year on one of mine...

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Yeah, mega high ;)

5. Sorry missed a nought of ,should have been 19,000

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. I don't think 19000 is outrageous, not if its 19000 miles ridden by someone with a modicum of mechanically sympathy. If its 19000 on the redline with piss poor service intervals then yeah its high....problem is you never know. That said 19000 is not collector mileage

• Like Like x 1
  7. Maybe not high but not low either.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. 24 miles per week... If you look at some of the high miles threads and what not on here, these and most engines are not only capable but thrive at alot more miles than that. Regular use and good service seems to have suited every duke I've owned. Yes collectors are after as low as possible but for use and even realizing an increase on your investment over time a couple of thousand miles per year with good history has to be more than ok surely?

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Good investigation work.. your right there was no mention of it being a cat D anywhere, that's terrible..

10. Think I will be keeping my 996r then.

11. There's another on flebay
    no.. sell it to me! X

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. For me serious mileage = reliable bike and looked after.

• Like Like x 1
  13. ....and they're still all for sale, but reduced in price.

14. Last summer I put my etype for sale as a project ( realised that it was too much of a job for me) for £37k . Dealer contacted me, I told him that I prefer to sell to enthusiast rather than a dealer, he assured me that car was for him to restore and for personal use. Ok, agreed to meet him and show him my car. 85 miles journey to the lock up only to listen to the cunt telling me all bad things about my car ( which I already knew and frankly why I was selling car in the first place) and topped it up by offering me £15k
    Total waste of my day. I looked on his eBay page later on and found several Etype's for sale in much much more rotten condition then mine and less desirable models for more then I wanted. What a prick . I don't talk to dealers at all anymore .
    Ended up selling car to really nice guy from Manchester for £36k couple of weeks later and he thought it was a bargain

• Like Like x 1
  15. Reading this really makes me even more skeptical of selling a bike privately. The 748r my mate is selling will end up with a dealer of some kind at this rate and he desperately doesn't want that to happen... I'll find the money and buy the bl**dy thing from him before I let that happen

16. Sounds like someone's looking for an excuse to buy another bike. I say go for it.

17. Oh I am definately looking for an excuse but I've been told I can't buy one until christmas as we have the honeymoon to pay for and my head tells me a 748r is just too focussed (especially having ridden it a lot). I need another 675R or a 899 probably, but we will see. If he doesn't sell it I'll try to get him to keep it for a while because I really don't think he should just give it away! But I agree that dealers are taking the piss wanting 10k+ for bikes that they bought off ebay/other dealers only a few months back for thousands less.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information