1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 DVT Price....holy Crap !!

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Wayne58, Jun 21, 2017.

1. Coming down the A34 recently, thought I'd pop into Winchester Ducati to see if anything new or rumoured, was on it's way to the showrooms ? The feeling I left with was that this would be my last new Multistrada. It was bad enough paying a smidge over 16k for the DVT (with tour pack), but the prices are now a rather daft £17600 for an "S" with touring pack. While most of you were aware of the near one grand price rise, I was not. Sadly, enough is enough, and switching brands seems the only option if I swap out the DVT in 2018. The guys at Ducati said it was down to Pound v Euro and Brexit etc etc etc, but this to me seems a bloody good excuse to hike prices. Whats other folks views on Ducati's 2017 prices ?

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  2. It's all dealers. You can pay £12k now for a bloody 600! I think it's a mix of all the new electronics, and the fact that people care less about the price when PCP is available.

Mates missus went and spend £24k on a Vauxhall Adam... a Vauxhall Adam I tell ya! She paid no attention to the total payable and just specc'd it up and only cared about it after she'd been driving it a while.

I think Brexit is just an excuse/punishment.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Having purchased new before I would not consider a new one now, far too expensive to justify and for the miles I do per year it's not worth it.

Ducati prices have gone up exponentially in the last years and now i don't see them as being able, for me, to justify these constant price hikes as time goes by and still see them as a stable buy.

• Agree Agree x 4
  4. !!!!!!!! 24K, for a fecking Adam !!! :astonished: I see where you're coming from for PCP, but call me old fashioned, I buy my bikes, and while the Multi is excellent, its just not high end enough with build quality or reliability to justify near 18k by time you bung the merest hint of an option on it :(

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. 100% agree, but I use my bike alot as the road to work is always infested with bloody tourists who believe the speed camera signs and think they exist, so the 24 miles return is always at a doddering 30mph and below, so a bike is a must for some swift filtering, but sadly, Ducati's price policy has now exceeded what I believe is reasonable. There are of course folk on here, who will say its "horses for courses" and "you pays yer money" etc etc, but near 18k for a soft roader, adventure bike is a bit of a piss take eh ?

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. PCP is just another sub prime waiting to happen. Plus its knocked the arse off the 2nd hand market. PCP will catch a lorra people out.

I saved up for my new Pani. I own it all 100%. Well, now Ive paid off the visa I temp used until my old 1198 sold. :)

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Nuke Post Nuke Post x 1
  7. I was talking to a financial adviser mate very recently in my local about PCP and leasing etc, and for reasons I don't fully remember (We'd had a good few :beer:) he said these deals only had a few years left in them, and then the arse would fall right out of it. Something to do with "real money", banks and the excessive flood of used stuff around as no one buys used anymore due to PCP etc. But like you, I buy my bikes outright, but perhaps not Ducati anymore ??

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. the bike and car world is mad with its foundation based on credit which kills the used market. I tend to buy bikes and cars with sub 2k miles up to a year old from franchised dealers and make big savings on bikes and very big savings on cars. They all have warranty and dealer support especially if you have them serviced there. So far, I haven't had any issues and a couple of thousand miles wont kill it. On the easy credit front, my partners son has a little Seat 4 door hatch at £98 a month on their finance which I think is a good deal at 20

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. We did this recently, added a 2016 (66) Golf GTi to our family, was the managers dealer principle car with a little over a 1000 miles on it, had over £8k in options, list was £35500, I paid £27250 inc road tax, hell of a saving, and the best thing, most of the spec is stuff I would have chose anyway. Very happy with it she is too :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. I'm surprised there that cheep, I paid £17,250 cash for my 2014 S GT 3 years ago, needless to say I wont be buying another, I'm actually toying with the idea of a Harley for my next bike.

11. GT was quite a lot dearer to start with though eh ?? Why not another then JC ?

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. I've had the bike 3 years, I have no one to ride with. It's that fecking fast it puts anyone off riding with me ,and I don't know anyone with another mutly in my area, but I do know a few Harley riders, I'm just worried if I swap I'll miss screaming with my eyes wide shut when I go into a corner to fast and still come out the other side like I meant to do it.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Throttle goes both ways ??

14. I plan to sell my 2016 DVT next year......don't trust the reliability. I reckon a used BMW from a Motorad dealer with a two year warranty will be several grand cheaper that replacing the multi with another sub standard new multi.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. I plan to sell my Mint DVT next month after my trip to the Alps....to busy to ride her at this time of year....and I don't ride in winter...so if anyones after a showroom condition S Touring 2016 give me a shout!

• Like Like x 1
  16. Ehhh? your kidding?
    apart from the odd few on here that have had some engines go, and some of those were because they got services done by non franchised garages, I think their pretty reliable once all the recalls have been done.

17. I have a hypermotard sp,was new in November last year,but with the price hikes I think it will be my last Ducati

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. P&H are selling S models at a discount of between £1 - £1.5K at the moment.

And they have a lot of 950's (some with Pikes Peak paint jobs)

#18 Twin4me, Jun 21, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 21, 2017
  19. Shame I wouldn't buy from them ever again ;)

20. I kind of agree unless dealers do start discounting Dukes, which up until now, has been few and far between.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information