1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 DVT Price....holy Crap !!

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Wayne58, Jun 21, 2017.

1. Were you feeling enraged when you typed it? ;)

2. Ha ha, yes terribly..... Nah tel, don't have an enraged atom in me. :cool:

• Like Like x 1
  3. Trouble is with a Ducati you need new as you most certainly you will need warranty on a strada but given the sillyness on the prices, a £3,000 strada makes more sense then spend the difference on actually riding for years and years and years and years. New vehicles prices are getting just plain silly, motorcycles even sillier and ducati a down right piss take

It's the poor buggers in the middle I feel sorry for ,out of warranty but more than 5k

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Bit of an odd statement, just because something's out of warranty doesn't mean it's crap or going to brake. Mine is out of warranty but I have total faith in it.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Well if the rumours that VW have put Ducati up for sale and Harley Davidson are interested we could end up with tassels and paying in USD!!!

6. But we'd all get oem straight through, chrome exhausts

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. I thought it was Royal Enfield that was interested.

8. Not really given one of the most active areas in the forum is the strada section and particularly for the 1200's with help my bike is

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. The price rise i f all to do with brexit or weak pound its to pay Lorenzo's wages.obvious really.

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. Glad you helped with that, I have literally just put my Texas Instruments scientific calculator down :upyeah:

11. My Multi is 7 years old now, had most of the major problems dealt with (new cylinder heads, DES controller etc) and at c.30k miles isn't worth a fat lot?

My mileage is dropping year on year, so I've decided just to keep it until such time as it becomes uneconomic to repair and then sell for scrap.

Still a hoot to ride though.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Should be worth around £6K, which is 40% of the new price 7 years and 30K miles ago. That looks pretty reasonable to me. A long way from being "uneconomic" and "scrap". What did you expect? If you don't want any depreciation, buy a 40 year old classic.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. image.jpeg
    I've got one thanks, a '76 Kettle.

Wasn't complaining, just agreeing with OP that I won't be shelling out £17k plus to do it all again and that until my bike isn't worth spending large sums on to keep going, it will be staying.

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Have you got the original exhausts or not.

15. Just a heads up about the price of a Ducati Multistrada here in Norway, I paid just over £30,000 for my 2015 DVT S new in April 2015, I'd hate to tell you what the cars cost, but it's my choice to live here, a great place to ride a Multistrada just saying

• WTF WTF x 1
  16. Living costs are all relative to earnings in my experience and opinion.

17. Well not in my case :-( not all of us work in the North Sea in oil :)

18. Are you a trawler/fisherman then? They are the only two industries in Norway aren't they? ;)

19. Lol I'm from Grimsby :) but not into fishing, ex RN. and moved over here because my wife is Norwegian, but I can't complain lol

Do Not Sell My Personal Information