1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

998 Prices Of 998s's

Discussion in '748 / 916 / 996 / 998' started by Dr.D, Dec 12, 2018.

1. My mate's 996 approaching 40,000 miles. A few minor issues fixable by him, regular servicing (mix of DIY and indi) otherwise as reliable a bike as any Honda, Yamaha or Suzuki. Maybe he's been lucky?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Had my 1198 now for 4 years been well ridden and other than general maintenance been great , never let me down.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Was googling around over xmas & spied a white 1198 for sale, really quite like the look of them. The reviews make them sound like savage fun !

• Like Like x 1
  4. @Kevin Tallant there mental things to ride mate, I wish I could use mine more but it just sits in the work shop collecting dust now :(.

5. I should try some of the newer stuff, never ridden anything after 2004. Traction control always put me off, but would probaly save my sorry arse ! Hope you get to blow dust off soon.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Well, to add some thoughts on this thread. I'm in the market for an MT09 (or MT10) so popped along to my local dealer. I appreciate they did not see my FE (12,000 miles original mono) but they kindly offered me £5000. How delightful. According to them the CaP book has the FE below the value of a 998s?

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  7. CaP book is shit, it works on a standard devaluation and does not work for older/rarer bikes or cars which become collectable - and the dealers thieve bikes off people quoting it. He will know exactly what the bike is worth. Did you punch him in the face for being a cvnt? :thinkingface:

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
  8. Yamaha dealers.....what would they know about anything ?

9. apart from fleecing customers :thinkingface:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Briefly thought about it. Whilst talking to him, very nice chap, quickly googled any for sale. Found one in Italy @ £17000. We then just brushed his offer under the table.

11. Next time punch the very nice cvnt o_O

12. Would you like to load up a photograph for us to see this lovely machine:thinkingface:

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Only one I had on me phone with a bin included.
    ducaaadi.jpg

• Like Like x 6
  14. Very nice and Ducbird/bin will be over the moon:upyeah:silly question what do you think it's worth today:thinkingface::thinkingface:

15. Good question, and brings us nicely back to the start of the thread. The American collectors piece went for circa £15000. There is one in Italy as mentioned for £17000. Both these are way lower miles than my old banger and probably in better condition because of it, but they are the only ones I can find for sale. I'd imagine looking at 998s prices, mine is around the £12000-£13000 but I'm happy to be shot down at that. As mentioned on this thread earlier, we are in a little ducati bubble on here, so who really knows?

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Nice to see one actually being ridden on the roads.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. I was selling an old second hand car a couple of years ago, advertised on the internet at whatever giveaway price it was and these two monkeys came along, pulled it apart and said "I'll give you x" which was roughly half of what I had it advertised for. I said ok, took the money and walked back into my house. About 5" later there was a knock on the door with the guys asking for the keys to the car; cue my best bemused look and the response that I hadn't sold them the car; they'd just said they'd give me x, there was no mention of selling the car, so I took them at their word, took the money and said thanks. This went on for about an hour before I gave them the money back and told them to fuck off.
    Another favourite we used to do in London would be when people would pull a car apart, take them on a quick test drive, stop at the nearest dealer of the same marque, kick them out and tell them if they wanted a brand new car at that price to try their luck there and then drive off!

So yes, a metaphorical punch in the face for all the chancer muppets out there!

#237 JoeC, Jan 6, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  18. My FE at Portimao. now on 8k miles.
    l148.jpg l172.jpg
    And yes, I was too tight to pay for the pics..:laughing:

• Like Like x 4
  19. Oooh, I love to see a fellow member who shares two of my primary interests: 998's and frugality!

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. Seems like a reasonable amount of money to me for a private sale:upyeah:

Do Not Sell My Personal Information