1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Prices Of Rarer Models, Are They Going Up Or Down?

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by noobie, Oct 18, 2019.

1. Why? I have nothing to be jealous of but the dick swinging, same as on @Fire3500 watch thread gets a little tedious ..... I don't bang on about what I have that is appreciating, there are many on here far wealthier than I and most others so having made a few k on some bikes and a car is hardly Guy Hands'esque is it ??

• Drama Queen Drama Queen x 1
  2. It's actually quite nice writing it:p, and I do mix it up a little - not everyone reads every post :yum it's not all about you :bucktooth:

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Love You Love You x 1
  3. Indeed, so pop it in your Sig and its there every time with zero effort .......

4. TBF I was reacting to a comment directed at me - chill man :cool::upyeah:

5. No :blush:

6. Oh poo :poop:, I thought this was a thread on a Ducati Forum talking about values, soz the Dribble :eek: I will pay more attention next time o_O

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Watches are still for sale BTW, and Scrambler, and Land Rover... if you're all that wealthy then come and land yourself a bargain. :)

8. sounds like a police auction :D

9. Get bidding, don't miss out.

10. Had enough of the Landy?

11. Nah it’s ace but it was something I wanted to tick off. I need a modern camper van really that is good for long haul trips and ideally with a garage in the back for a bike. Land Rover is a fantastic bit of kit, and is available for anyone looking for a stellar Series 2 at a bargain price, looking for £15k for it but forum member discount applies obvs.

12. They've never floated my boat tbh but then I've never really had a good look at any

13. then marvel!

1A880A14-960F-490D-92F8-204B431FFC5A.jpeg 90A19F49-8C35-4721-8B3B-7014E0C92520.jpeg B7E7196D-3DDE-4437-A6A8-904A3995FEE4.jpeg 800B20F5-3590-452B-889C-16FE7F9A6048.jpeg EFA48601-80AA-44B6-8CC7-766BF3F9925D.jpeg 842A3D7D-4129-481B-9DA8-3C5F7BBCAD7F.jpeg

• Like Like x 5
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. We had a short wheel base Land Rover bright yellow (wrong colour) ex garage all rounder
    Bloody great in the water and muddy lanes

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. I think that bike/car values have a lot to do with demographics, there are exceptions but in the main it’s your 50 something year old that wanted one at 18 but couldn’t afford it that gets whatever vehicle once the mortgage is paid etc, so the danger as I see it is that scroll forward 15 years from now and the potential buyers of say a 1991 900ss will be getting few and far between , it’s compounded by the lessening of new bikers joining the fold in the UK, (look around at you next bike meet, how many don’t have grey hair, not many!), so I’m not banking on my 900ss or CB750 SOHC being worth billions when I retire in say 10 years time :)

• Agree Agree x 10
  16. Now you tell me o_O

17. It's happening with Lambrettas. Some were crazy money only 5 years back but have softened a lot as the people who coveted them back in their youth, had the money a decade ago to buy them, now give up riding.

I'm going to watch the prices of 350LC's with interest. I've no intention of selling mine, but it'll be interesting to watch as the people who wanted them a few years back start nudging their 60's. :thinkingface:

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. It's is the most certain of things re the age cycle - just doesn't apply to real high end stuff like Brough's. The only thing that will skew or buck the trend in run of the mill bikes is the 2 Stroke factor, which is a bit of an anomaly :thinkingface:
    This is the main reason I have collected bikes from 10 to 20 years old as investments (if I'm allowed to mention this again) :innocent:

19. Bang on.

• Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information