1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Prices Of Rarer Models, Are They Going Up Or Down?

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by noobie, Oct 18, 2019.

1. Dick Swinger! :mad:

2. Wrong thread ………… :eyes:

3. Add to this petrol costing a fortune in ten years plus polution permits for old bikes like London at £12 equivalent a day and the novelty of an old Honda/ Ducati/ Suzuki etc starts to wear thin. Always supposing they were attractive in the first place, as this is dependant on the purchaser having had bikes when they were young. Which year did the licence restrictions start? We can probably predict when the values will crash by calculating when bikes stopped being easily available / when the last big group (pre licence changes) become 50+.

Reading the forum every week there is someone giving up riding their sportsbike in favor of a Mutley. What will that do to the demand for 748/ 749s - its a simple supply and demand comodity / price for ordinary bikes.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. There is a difference in every day commuting and once a month to the cafe.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Yeah, they become historic vehicles, used once in a while, so not really a financial drain.

I expect the values of classics not to be affected by the move to electrification and a changing world. The new car / bike market will, but perversely this may make your classic appreciate.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Totally agree, but I doubt too many 916's/ 748's will be ridden as comuter bikes in ten years time?

I imagine electric bikes will be the comuters choice...

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Are they now :thinkingface:

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Some are. I read posts here fairly often by guys who ride them dailly to work.

The really rare bikes won't be affected, its the run of the mill bikes that won't be worth what they are now imo.

9. What would you class as a "run of the mill bike"?

10. Carby 900ss, M900, I can say that as I have both (although I can think of lots of other Ducati’s that are) oh yes I’ve got a scrambler as well, almost forgot, that’s run of the mill as well.
    PS I’ve also remembered I’ve got an M1200, very fast but also run of the mill :)

• Like Like x 1
  11. Monsters, ST's SS's 748, 749 non S or R models, most Jap IL4. All good, honest, great to ride bikes, but when its £40+ a day to ride one to breakfast on Sunday morning I think the appeal will fade for many.

12. The other age related factor is that when I was 20 about 80% of bikers were in their 20's, now I'm mid 50 about 80% of bikes are in their 50's and 60's.
    So still a large pool of interest, but about to fall off a cliff in numbers going forward 10 years... :eyes:

• Agree Agree x 4
  13. BF45D615-22C6-4B5E-8F95-99312094367A.png This however is not run of the mill, however it is also not mine :/

• Like Like x 2
  14. That's a strange one, as they have been slower in climbing the value ladder than the later 'rarer' Ducati's of the next 20 years :thinkingface:

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. But being mid 40's I have 0 interest in it.

16. And you're getting on! Proves my point :eek:

17. I'm in my prime!!!

18. Thank goodness! :)

19. there was a white 250lc sitting in the window of a bike shop I was in the other day. not pristine but v,good. I resisted looking at the price, but it looked affordable. how much for one of them?

#59 finm, Oct 19, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2019
  20. Not run of the mill though I’m sure you’ll agree Exige

• Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information