1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Private Plates

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by mike willis, Mar 1, 2020.

• Agree Agree x 1
  1. When I was a Yoof I had a Mini 1000, it had the number plate CAB 911N, some one told me when I sell the car keep the plate, it’ll be worth a fair bit for someone with a Porsche convertible. Of course, I never listened. Suppose it would’ve been worth a bit to the right person?

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Or just look sweet on the deathstar ? Sorry il get me coat o_O

3. I have about 20 private plates, nothing exciting.

90% end in ED J....

I just like it.

5BFB680E-DD3C-499A-BD7C-0B41441D12F1.jpeg

4. I've got a couple.
    Sold my 999 Xerox rep plate to forum member.
    X999SBK.

5. Just bought a plate from DVLA , it's for my next purchase.

Plate is GT** DUK, £250 all in.

6. I bought a CX500 from a workmate years ago, it was laid up in his shed, it had been his Dad's. The old man had passed away, so he just wanted to be rid of it and only wanted £250.
    I rode it home, decided I wasn't going to keep it, then noticed the number plate OLG 430 Y. I put an ad in Loot, 'Is OLGA 30?' The plate sold for £850 and the CX sold, with a new reg, for the £250 I'd paid for it..

• Like Like x 2
  7. Not really private plates but just because I’ve a terrible memory

E2EF4490-5FDC-4738-8B5E-382651970C54.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
  8. Great vehicles bob :D

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. Never really gone for private plates....the only one i would go for as theyre cheap and, y'gotta know about them is getting a plate for the RSV4 ending in "APE"

10. Yeah, I picked mine at point of new registration, wife’s initials and my name misspelled

11. I initially had no idea....so reviewed my comments / rating and found some real strange ones left previously.
    I believe this was done in error as I swipe the pages up/down my thumb hits that end of the options so inadvertently nuking or locking threads
    Apologies.
    Though can’t find your comment I nuked?
    Cheers
    TC

• Like Like x 1
  12. I doubt I'd be able to find my house if you nuked it!

• Useful Useful x 1
  13. Wondered if it was something like that... Comment #150, now de-nuked :upyeah:

• WTF WTF x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  14. I only manage one of three. I suppose I could change the spelling of my name but I know that if I had a spare 13k It would be going in the direction of two wheels.
    Cheers
    Stevf

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. It would be cheaper to change your name by deed poll to SH17 BMW, or whatever your current registration is?

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Because I have a tiny penis....

I have about 10 plates ending EDJ. 8 in use lol

10FB8F1D-75B5-4C0C-9625-10A0D0CB3A9C.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information