1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

996 Probably The Most Beautiful Looking Bike In The World

Discussion in '748 / 916 / 996 / 998' started by peter mcgrail, Jun 22, 2019.

?
  1. great bike

6 vote(s)
    26.1%
  2. stunning work of Art

17 vote(s)
    73.9%
  1. The MV headlight is it's worst part too :bucktooth:

• Agree Agree x 3
  2. That's one of the best ever....:grinning::joy::laughing::)

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. It's a personal choice at the end of the day,,,,but i would take 916 home first everytime.:upyeah:
    Ducati_996_SBK_2JPG.jpg 779b8df825fa2295fdaee67e6f10422f.jpg

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. This does it for me:

upload_2019-7-1_13-31-22.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. I like the 916's original wheels. They have the look of the Manx flag.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Yes, especially the ‘Ducati Racing’ script around the centre.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. They did make black ones and yellow ones too, but they were so slow that they didn’t make it out of the factory till the following year!

• Funny Funny x 3
  8. I’ve got a black one and it’s faster than my MV

10BF740B-1D1F-47AB-BE29-D420C9F88FBD.jpeg

06C752D5-E5E8-46DB-9CC9-0AE7F79570D0.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
  9. @Exige I’ll give you that the 999 in all it’s race livery looks good (still has an ugly/too high arse & too much of a lumpy fairing for my taste) but it’s not for me, in any way “better looking” than the 916 series. I’ve said it before though, it has grown on me.
    On the headlight issue, it’s hard to get that right, the MV’s is definitely the weak point, as is the 999’s, some even think the 916’s is odd. For me the one thing that lets the Panigale down is the droopy eyelids around the headlight but again, that’s growing on me too.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. 1098R's seem to be growing on me :eyes: like the weeds in the garden, they just don't stop coming :bucktooth: well, they have now hopefully :eyes:

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. I could squeeze one next to my S if you’re giving them away. You’ve got two Bayliss’s, who needs two of them eh? Come & share the love!

12. One's an ornament :joy:
    :motorcycleduc:…………………………….
    And sharing the love is not highly recommended :yum

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. I want a 996 race bike :mad:

14. Did you know the MV F4 was what Tamburini intended the 998 to look like?

15. A lucky escape!

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. The problem I have with modern MVs is they just look like they're trying too hard, the design just don't work for me.
    Like they've had a different fancy designer work on each and every different component in isolation, then bunged it all together at the end.
    Too Baroque with zero elegance.
    lah-di- fookin'-dah...

17. If Fosters made motorcycles.......

• Like Like x 1
  18. Noods is coming ……………… :eyes:

o_O

19. Although beautiful the MV is is just a hooky version of the most beautiful bike known to man, woman and all the other bitsa humans, the GMTV’s or what you call em now... lot easier in my day, they were simply, ginger...

I think Foggy summed it up though sitting in the CCM factory by saying “ when I first saw the 916 it was the best thing I’d ever seen, and it’s still so today, it’s sex on wheels”

Personally I think there is nothing out there that beats getting your leg over with a 916... I’m sorry Kylie but you should be so lucky?.. X

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information