1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1299 Project 1704 - 1299s Build Project By Topolino

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by Topolino, Dec 1, 2016.

1. I'm using a bazazz auto tune on the R6 racebike and it's very good. Stock ECU are always more granular and more sophisticated but the advantageous of tuning for the conditions and not having to worry about regulations makes the piggy back ECU a worthwhile choice. I put a base map on before the track day and set it to learn for he first few sessions and apply the recommended adjustments and it's noticeably smoother.

2. So the bike is almost complete. Did a test engine run last night to check that the laptop, bike and Rapidbike module were all communicating with one another. Now have to wait until I have covered at least 200 miles, before I can add the corrections from the auto-adaptive trim maps. I posted up a video on the Project FB page if anyone is interested. I'm just waiting for the carbon bodywork to come back from the paint shop, so in the meantime I may end up fitting the OEM panels so as I can at least ride the bike. Here is where I am at now.

20170405_003148.jpg 20170405_003321.jpg 20170406_181403.jpg 20170406_181437.jpg 20170406_181549.jpg

• Like Like x 11
  3. It looks amazing and your attention to detail is outstanding! I bet your more than pleased. Looking forward to seeing it with the painted fairings! [emoji106]nice work!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  4. Love it

What tyres are they ? They look like sport touring jobs? Personally I'd have gone for something sporty like supercorsas on such a top end bike...

But everyone is different

Keep up the good work mate

5. Think they are Metezler M7RR pal...done my research when looking at tyres...plus I just saw it printed on the sidewall ;-) haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Correct. Metzeler M7RRs. Better all round performance IMHO, better grip in cold or damp conditions, improved water dispersal in wet conditions and longer lasting than Pirellis. I read several good reviews on these tyres from other owners and the feedback they provided. There is an interesting article here, an extract of which reads:

"Overall, on both the street and the track, the Sportec M7 RR steers quicker, and has improved grip and feeling under heavy braking, acceleration and while at lean angle during cornering. And the best part? It performs these tasks nearly as well in wet conditions – something needed for that added confidence of the real-world rider during the inevitable rainstorm. As for mileage, two days of non-stop riding was not enough to even begin to test durability. Metzeler claims 20 percent more mileage than the M5, which we have observed last to nearly 2000 miles a set under conservative riding."

Metzeler Sportec M7 RR Test | Review from Rainy Spain

7. What make of rear hugger is it?

8. It's made by Lieb Speed in Germany. Peter Lieb only makes a handful of parts for the Panigale but his stuff is exquisite in terms of quality. The best I have seen and arguably even better than CDT. Precise, very accurate fit and beautifully finished. All that you want in a carbon fibre part.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Titanium Pro-Bolt screen kit and Lightech mirror block off plates arrived today. Ordered the last of the carbon fibre parts from Conquest Carbon yesterday as well...the carbon seat cowl.

20170422_112955.jpg 20170421_131520.jpg 1299seat.jpg

10. Your attention to detail is both commendable and worrying...:D
    Nice project, I really like the result so far,,,:Artist:

11. I'm terminally OCD. Not a bad thing but a very expensive condition to have!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. Absolute Gizz machine, superb :thumbsup:

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Hate to think just how expensive...

14. I've not added it all up TBH, but as with many build projects, this was never going to be a shrewd move financially.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Wouldn't mind knowing whether you got the Akrapovic Heat Shield with the Exhaust or was it separate. If separate where from Topolino?

16. It comes as part of the full system kit. If not then you need to find out why!

17. Thanks, My Kit with the SL will have been different to yours though.

18. Probably, though surprised you did not get a heat shield with it. Seems odd they would supply you with an incomplete system.

19. Give Tim a ring at JHP,he managed to get me just the Akra heatshield,not to expensive either.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Thanks Simon. Need a chat with Tim anyway about some HPK's that are on order.

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information