1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

748 Project 748s

Discussion in '748 / 916 / 996 / 998' started by CarloL, Sep 18, 2018.

1. Dash looks great pal, something I’m looking to do after summer. How you finding the translogic? Love the directional leds, where did you source them? Top job

2. Works great, cannot complain

I get the leds on ebay

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/323606094434

Only issue is the fuel light, constantly on regardless of polarity, not too sure if its the voltage going to the led or how to get it to work, I just have to remember to put fuel in the bike but makes you paranoid

• Like Like x 1
  3. It may need a diode soldering inline, something I had to do when I used led dash on my rs250 aprilia

4. I drive a 2001 748s ,for a oil cooler you need to buy the flapper thing under the oil filter,the cooiler,lines and the lines to the head...

• Like Like x 1
  5. Suspension Setup Today , hope to get out on the September Track day

Bikes feels alot better , more compliant in the rear and the steering is more progressive and predictable, it wants to flow with the corner ; alot easier to hold a consistent line

Should be able to get a nice rhythm going on track

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  6. Who did the suspension for you Carlo?
    TIA

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. Was having some issues with the Clutch , Clutch was very smooth at the start but after a track day last year , taking off from a standstill in 1st, progressively letting out the clutch and throttle ; the bike judders violently , bunny hops , once she gets going its fine , the very odd time she moves off as normal; its dangerous trying to get through roundabouts

It appears STM don’t include a convex plate, normally your clutch pack will have at least one, act as a spring, I know these Clutches are tailored for track use so first gear starts are not exactly priority

A genuine Ducati clutch plate set has one of these plates in amongst the steels plates, but you can use up to four to improve the clutch function, especially when running a slipper clutch.

I opted to replace two plates with two EVR DDU-226/B - Z37 Convex Clutch Plate, 1.5mm

So far so good , running smooth as butter , no more learner starts

[​IMG]

• Useful Useful x 1
  8. I hated my slipper clutch in my 996 mate, sold it and put standard one back in.

Have you thought about upgrading the engine??

9. My preference now would be to have the OE , I would upgrade the engine if it was reasonable outlay but it is expensive

Maybe you can just throw some 916 heads on there

10. Be sure that the stack height is correct

11. Thanks,
    How do you measure the stack height, what are the implications of it changing?

12. You should put some white lithium grease on the friction plates as well.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Put all the plates together en measure the height.. mine was slippery at 36.5mm and works fine at 38mm..i have orginal 748 r slipperclucth in mine with balls..toke a few trackdays to find it out,also i have other springs (heaver) and other caps..so the slipper starts to works @9000 rpm

• Like Like x 1
  14. Belts need to be done , needed to check what head is on it so I could order off Stu

[​IMG]

Got some new Brembo Brake Pads

07BB19.SA
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

New AEM Sprocket Carrier

[​IMG]

Quick Spit N Polish while doing the Brake pads

[​IMG]

Fitted Titanium Clutch Spring Caps

[​IMG]