1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Project 916/955 Lands On Planet Noodle

Discussion in 'Builds & Projects' started by Noods, Jul 28, 2018.

1. What do you plan on doing with the frame noodles

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. I am mate that’s what it was purchased for .. you best send me’s some pics... cheer me’s up so muchly.. x

• Like Like x 2
    • Love You Love You x 1
  3. Dry build?
    Does that mean you will build it twice? Once as a test build and then a final build?

4. Or build it before putting the oil in, not after :thinkingface:

5. Or build it before getting drunk!

• Funny Funny x 2
  6. Why aren't you building it in the shower?

7. I wouldn't be to harsh Steve, it's very easy to catch an emoji by mistake while scrolling on a phone.
    Steve

• Agree Agree x 5
  8. Er.. I will do as ness tbh... the idea is for mine to really look the part rather than being a real blueprint motor.. looks mean more to me sadly..

• Like Like x 2
  9. Or stab the wrong one by accident

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. can state 100% that this was awarded by accident by @CRYSTALJOHN (as said by Owdrider) as I know he appreciates your work/jottings.

• Like Like x 2
    • Crap Crap x 1
  11. Absolutely right. Thanks Chris. My Mistake @Mr.R ,apologies, Must have accidentally pressed a button whist using my phone to view this site.

t

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. PPS = phat phingers syndrome

• Agree Agree x 3
  13. Not your average engine build then .

14. That was my defence.... apparently you ain't allowed to stab anyone!

15. 916 Frame strip down begins via Aqua Blasting - before and after shots, should be complete tomorrow ready for modifications as per monitor instruction and afterwards for paint...... x

9318B060-3698-4F55-86B5-B3DABFF1130C.jpeg

5C91D94D-C33E-4E63-A4C2-6274B8B39EEE.jpeg

F5FC949C-191F-4CA8-8B3C-130A99888A2D.jpeg

• Like Like x 4
  16. Noods,
    Have you got/made your own aquablasting kit?
    Very impressed if you have! I have taken engine cases to be aquablasted commercially, and he uses what looks like an expensive bit of technical kit.

• Like Like x 1
  17. No mte all done in a cabinet.. watertight in my number 2 workshop..

• Like Like x 2
  18. Yes I went and checked out the mega price suppliers and their kit..
    I then went about building my own .. with heated cabinet, led’s, screen wipers etc.. water traps, filters, compressor, hi pressure lines, quality filter masks, sealed gloves, water flush line slurry pumps, agitators and air cleaning line, secret media mix. Also a sand blast unit for non critical work( eg not carbs or engine parts)
    Some media like fine sand, grit, glass beads hit the workpiece at a sharp angle because of their construction which actually damages or alters the work material where as Aqua blasting hits softer with hi pressure water media mix and causes no damage..
    A few secrets I use where I worked alongside my Son ( Doc of physics ) to come up with a formula for creating a finish which I specifically wanted.. took ages but we cracked it..
    it’s lot of work and it’s all labour intensive and not really a cheap set up even by doing it myself ..
    Great satisfaction though ...

#59 Noods, Aug 13, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 13, 2018
    • Like Like x 8
  19. You have the greatest mind and ideas I have ever known noodles you keep amazing me!!

• Agree Agree x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information