1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Project Misery

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by cookster, Aug 23, 2018.

1. Why do my projects always cause me stress!! Changing my gsxr track bike forks to radial k3 items ,all brake parts bought from same place all for a k3 1000, they should all fit nicely !............. Do they fook! :mad:
    Oz front wheel looks like the hub needs machining down 1mm to get the caliper to fit the disc. The caliper will bolt on but disc is hard against the outer edge that can't be right. Anyone got any ideas before I set fire to the f#cking thing! :triumph::tired_face:

2. Check your bank!

3. Are the wheel spacers different sizes and possibly you have gotten them the wrong way round? Had it before with one spacer 1mm larger than the other side. In frustration swapped them over and viola

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. I'm going to have a look today again.

5. Yeah I’d look at spacers.

Then I’d send the wheels back....

6. @bradders wheels are the same from k1-k3 according to bike torque racing.

7. Send the forks back then LOL

Do they fit OK with std forks and callipers?

8. the wheels fitted ok with k2 non radial forks and 748 calipers with brakets, ive gone for k3 radial forks with gp4rs calipers, i havent got the original k3 calipers to try.

9. So sounds like its either spacers incorrect or the callipers are a bit wider. Also sounds like milling the wheels down a tad is the only option

10. yeah mate, though didnt really want to machine the wheel .

11. So its the wheel and not the disc carrier thats the issue? IMHO doesn't sound like you have an option.

Have you tried a standard wheel in there, just in case?

12. Are the disc carriers offset or flat?

13. discs are flat, but there are 5mm brembos, next paln is to try standard wheel and discs

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Just as a free so why not, ignore the tyre direction, have you tried the wheel the other way around?

Picking up on Gutz's mention, I wonder if the discs are side specific on the wheel?

15. I've got a fire extinguisher just in case your other bikes are a bit close. ;)
    Steve

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  16. Mate, buy my 1098R and all your problems will melt away the first time you ride it on track.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  17. @Ash34 if I had that sort of money I'd love to buy your 1098 mate, I love race bikes and I love 1098r's but unfortunately can't afford it.

18. think i got it sorted chaps il put the matches away! Big thanks to @baylissboy for helping me out with info and all the pics I've pestered him for :upyeah:

• Like Like x 4
  19. Don't ever write a film script, it will be like, someone died, the end.:scream:

So what was the problem solution?:D

20. Well where the disc was hard against the outer edge on the caliper, I undid the front axel and moved the wheel over a wee bit in situ then came to the conclusion that I need a very small spacer on the left hand side of the spindle nut to hold the wheel over just enough for the discs to centralize in the calipers, next step to get a spacer made. I asked Steve (baylissboy) what he did on his k3, said exactly what I've just discribed plus sent me loads of pics of where to put the spacer.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information