1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Project Triumph Te-1

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by CRYSTALJOHN, Mar 26, 2021.

1. I am in for a world of pain and expense if the motor lets go, the elecy might be quicker...meh. Come on, diesel cars are great to drive. I dont want a diesel motorcycle....I want sound, smell, vibrations, power band, something going on on underneath me ...that certain something..
    No doubt we will be seeing electric “transport”. For now I want a “motorcycle”.

• Like Like x 2
  2. I think you will be lucky. No new petrol engined cars after 2030 means they would have to last 20 years.
    The thing that will kill petrol will be the cost of extracting it from the earth when the market starts dwindling rapidly.
    My guess is 15 years max for petrol stations.

3. Oil will still be in the ground, (or petrol producible by other means). Even if it costs the equivalent of £5 per litre it will still be obtainable. Wouldn't you fill the tank up for a Sunday afternoon blast of pure enjoyment?

The other thing is hybrid vehicles are still allowed after 2030. My guess is around 80% hybrid. 20% pure electric

#23 Geoffrey Lebowski, Mar 26, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2021
  4. I was looking at changing the car, different ish, but, looked at hybrids etc. Why? They seem no more efficient. More expensive, yes. More to wrong? Yep. We all know the full electric issue is charging. There is a reason the worlds best tourer is,,,erm,,,a BMW with a petrol engine. How the fcuk could you do a big euro tour on an electric motorcycle currently, bit Alps, Dolomites, in to Germany, back to UK.
    If you think that is real on electric then dream on.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Hybrids are pointless. I have been thinking about changing the car and was being pushed down that avenue. Paying a lot more money for something that just does 25 miles on pure electric power is a stupid idea. They heed to be more biased towards electric range and less about petrol power to be a consideration.

6. I just watched the video about Triumph and the TE1 on Bennetts Bike Social. Interesting what they are doing and it will be the way we go whether we like it or not. Nice to see British companies at the fore and not just burying their heads in the sand (as some like to do here) and I think that this looks good (as no big Triumph fan, but I'd ride this). The days of loud Termis on Ducatis are coming to an end - slowly. Just the way of the World.
    upload_2021-3-28_10-42-23.png

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information