1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V4 Project V4s Unica

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by Topolino, Nov 23, 2018.

1. In all probability yes, but it never bothered me before with the 1199 and 1299. In fact the dealer said of the last two, they had been better put together than when they left Bologna. I have a good relationship with them so it remains to be seen if it came to it, how they would stand. I knew when I started what the implications were.

2. Can I ask, whilst still loving the project

This undoubtedly will cost you a lot more ontop of the v4s price, if that is the case, why not simply buy the v4 speciale which would giver you extra everything with a smaller cost than the rebuild?

and if it was just about stripping something down so you can be happy as it should have been built, why not simply buy the v4 which is far cheaper?

3. I'm a little too far down the road to commit to alternatives now Noobie. I'm probably one of the few that think the Speciale is not worth the extra and I was actually offered one at a very reasonable price but I don't like the paintwork and aside from a few bits of bling, it's a big price hike for a bike I'd still want to strip down. Happy with the choice I've made and not seeking to top trump any other bike in terms of spec, just build something that I see as conforming to the standard I want from a bike at this price point.

• Like Like x 3
  4. What mods or upgrades are you making? And I don't mean stuff like fastners, clear coats or preservatives. I'm thinking meaty stuff like engine, chassis, suspension, wheels or even body work perhaps.
    Until I know this, I'm failing to see the point in it all.

5. I doubt the warranty will be voided. As long as you use your loaf and approach any claim in the correct way.

6. Whilst much of the work involves customization of specific parts, I do have a long wishlist of items that will replace existing ones. I haven't yet decided what those will be but as I mentioned at the top of this thread, you can keep up with any progress on the FB page, as opposed to on the forum. As for there being no point to this all, you could argue there isn't one but in essence there doesn't need to be for me, it's something I've simply chosen to do with all of my bikes.

• Like Like x 3
  7. S'ok... screw driver ready! I'll still follow with interest :):upyeah:

PS Do you do this also with new cars, houses etc?? :p

#27 Mary Hinge, Dec 4, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 4, 2018
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. Or women with plastic big boobies

9. Bloody hell, I feel a sense of achievement if I can put v power in the thing, you are in a privileged position of time and money I imagine, but we know what you do for a living and I personally think you deserve both, and good luck with this mega mission, you will be in a minority of people who know their bikes inside out, total admiration and slight feeling I’m a lazy useless van driver.

10. i doubt very much you are useless. Dont be so hard on yourself!

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  11. A useless van driver wouldn't be able to drive the van :thinkingface: can you drive the van :scream:

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. You sell yourself short. Everyone has something to bring to the table, whatever their profession and as long as someone is happy and content in themselves it matters not what you do. I don't make distinctions in life. We all have roles to play in whatever guise they come. I'm certainly not privileged. I've just worked hard to get where I am and to the best of my ability. You are nor should you consider yourself any different than the rest of us.

• Like Like x 3
  13. Thank you

14. I spotted your van the other day lol

08F81BAB-757A-41E2-825A-5BFFA6831207.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  15. sound I always wanted to be in the spotted section :upyeah::)

• Like Like x 1
  16. Topo
    On your previous projects you have done PPF film coverage, have you found any pre-cut cut kits for the V4 or are you getting it custom cut?

17. I will probably get the full kit when it comes out but that will be one of the last jobs I do on the build, so a way off yet.

18. I'm gradually getting closer to full strip downs on my race bikes. Its definitely a big advantage being able to do it yourself. Getting to that level of skill takes some time and i'm terrible for missing stuff or leaving bits undone and so on. The higher level guys all seem to do full strip downs a few times a season but they generally do it over a weekend which is much more my style than a big project :)

19. Well it's time consuming so a weekend is ambitious unless you have access to good tools and some means of supporting the engine if you remove larger sub-assemblies such as the rear suspension or front forks. Most professional teams usually build up parts into sub-assemblies anyway, so forks, yokes, handlebars, calipers, mudguard etc will all go on as "one part", prepped in advance which cuts down on time.

20. Just had a full Xpel kit fitted to mine. Andy

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information