1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V4 Project V4s Unica

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by Topolino, Nov 23, 2018.

1. Sat here hoping to see the rolling chassis. :):):).

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  2. My V4R arrives in June,got some plans for that too!!

• Like Like x 1
  3. It'll be a while longer sadly. Have suffered a few setbacks. The tensile strength of the stainless steel bolts I had manufactured for the rear suspension were not as per spec and exhibited thread stretch at 90nm, long before the 120nm they are meant to be torqued up to and so for the sake of safety, I have decided to use the stock steel items. As a side effect to this discovery, the two link plates/tie rods were damaged during the assembly so these are being replaced and the new ones will have to be re-coated. This has pushed back progress by a week to ten days, notwithstanding more pressing work commitments. Frustrating yes but once I am over this minor hurdle, things will move on pretty quickly.

4. Are these the bolts for the swingarm? Would it not be worth using titanium in place of the stainless ones?

5. I've decided to have the OEM nuts and bolts Cerakoted (back with me tomorrow hopefully), as they are safety critical bolts. As for the stainless steel frame bolts which I have already fitted, these are of a lower torque rating, and are thankfully fine. Everything else remains stainless bar these three bolts. I will upload a few more pics later on today.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Frame and swingarm re-united with the engine. Still waiting for the "dog-bone" trailing links to come back from the Cerakoters, then I can fit the rear sprocket and paddock stand, then move onto the front forks, with the aim of getting to a rolling chassis by the end of the weekend (if all goes well, in between packing boxes in the house before we move!). More info and a ton of new pics on the project page.

20190416_070331.jpg 20190416_070422.jpg

• Like Like x 5
  7. Are you taking that nice flooring with you when you move?

8. Yes Razz. Already removed half of it. Waiting to be able to move the V4, then the rest will come up.

9. Coming along, gradually!..... Forks, front and rear suspension, cooling system, full Akrapovic system and 80% of the wiring done. As always, plenty more pics and info on the project page.

20190506_193601.jpg

• Like Like x 5
Do Not Sell My Personal Information