1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Protective, Waterproof Boots

Discussion in 'Clothing, Gadgets & Equipment' started by Freerange_egg, Sep 29, 2020.

1. And it might be good to get unadulterated TCX boots now, before Dainese meddles with them. (Now that Dainese's just bought TCX.)

2. Daytona of course

3. Why Daytona? What's so good about them?

I've had Daytona boots before, and the sole wore down rapidly. And the price of Daytona's legendary resoling service was exorbitant. For the cost of resoling my Daytonas, I could buy a new pair of Alpinestars boots. So I did.

What about ankle bracing? Only a couple of Daytona's priciest boots (Evo Sports and Voltrex) have the plastic reinforced inner sole.

4. I have the Roadstar GTX boot which, as an all year round rider, fits my needs. I must have Bigfoot genes somewhere in my ancestry so very few of the Italian boots fit ‘all day’ comfortably. Never felt the need for the ‘two boot’ set up of my Daytona Evos for riding the Multistrada. Not sure why your sole wore down, it is not a problem I have experienced and I occasionally put my boot on the tarmac whilst riding to feel the how slippery the road surface feels. The only complaint I have is with the gear lever patch, definitely not robust enough. Andy

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. +1 for Daytona, I also have the Roadstar and have never felt any boot more comfortable, warm, dry. I also ride a Multi. For track riding I have Dainese.

6. +1 for Daytona also, You don’t even notice that you have boots on, I like.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Will never look elsewhere and stick with Daytona, that’s if my current pair ever wear out.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. TCX goretex road boots. TCX Ducati boots for short trips. TCX ankle boots for Provence. Sidi don't fit my canal boat feet. TCX are true to size for my 12 feet except the Ducati boots slightly tight, too much plastic on them. Nothing is truely waterproof, full Rukka suit eventually starts to let in the odd drop. Altberrgs were good in the day, about 20 years ago. Fit, comfort just try all you can. Waterproof 624 miles in rain and spray for 10 hours good test. Sealskins great but bulky if boots are close fitting. TCX for me.

9. What problem did you have with the Altbergs ?
    Thinking of a pair.

10. Mine were fine but overpriced and despite having an appointment and feet measured they never seemed to be a decent fit. They moved a lot of production to Italy and the quality did not seem to follow. They are now run of the mill boots and not the bespoke boots I remember. Police wore them for years best in the day. I have had better boots, TCX suit me for fit, comfort and waterproofing. I wear a size 12 uk measured and for years had my own last for loake and Church shoes. Loake now Indian and crap, Churches gone. Try on all you can, calf fit is important and height of the boots can make a difference in comfort when sat upright on a bike. Try walking in them and more than a few yards, touring can mean walking around all the local sites for hours. Altbergs were heavy.
    My father wore size 14, no shoes but always in demand for grape crushing.:).

11. I see they measured your feet, but did they make you a bespoke pair of boots, or were they just an adjusted (steamed and stretched) off the peg pair.
    Also calves are my problem, their a bit on the big side :)

12. image.jpg
    comfort and waterproof

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information