1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Proud new owner

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by freshage, Nov 5, 2013.

1. That is indeed me mate!

How are you doing?

2. Nice bike Fresh me old tater...make sure you bang some miles on her..ps, love the avatar pic :upyeah:

3. Well I sold my 998 two years ago now - and regretted it as soon as I handed the keys over! Had to sell though as my garage was derelict and couldn't keep two bikes in it! Got myself a new Speed Triple which I love for it's relative comfort! Anyway, had a new garage built this summer and started looking at Monsters - rather taken by the idea of an S4RS until I discovered how small the bloody petrol tank was and everyone needing to refill every 90 miles! So bugger me, what did I go and get from an auction on eBay?! a 998S. Only had it about three months and I'm as happy as a pig in brown stuff! :biggrin: Then I discovered about the demise of the other site when I found this site and it's fun stumbling into a few names I recognise.

So what made you go for a Multi? I was very keen on one a year or so back - until I tried to sit on the bloody thing! I am rather jealous of you, ya lanky bugger! hahahaha! :wink:

4. Ah! Glad you got a 998 again mate. My dream bike! That or a 916 SPS.

As for the multi, I test rode a 1200S touring from Moto Rapido a while back. Absolutely loved it. After selling the 748, I couldn't help but feel empty. Truly was the bike that stole my heart. The 1098S I bought as a replacement didn't last long. I sold it on not long after owning it. Too much hard work to be properly enjoyed on the British roads.

So, naturally the Multi gave me everything I wanted as a ride coming from a sports bike background. Not to mention, I really want to start touring round the EU. Tired of airports lol.

5. Hi all, I’ve recently joined this forum and this is my first question, earlier this year I replaced my 2014 Multistrada for a 2017 1200S Multistrada which is all good, the problem I have is the top box. I kept the official Ducati top box off the 2014 model thinking it would fit straight onto my 2017 bike, how wrong I was. I have spoken to the Ducati dealer they advise I will need to purchase a new box which come with the fitting kit at over £500. Does anybody know if there is fitting kit for the 2014 top box onto 2017 model, I’ve attached a picture showing the 2014 genuine Ducati fitting kit and box that does not fit on my 2017 Multistrada, someone must have come across this issue before,well I hope so?

6. This thread is 6 years old :bucktooth:

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. As I said I’m new and not sure how to start a conversation?

8. Go to Forums, Multistrada, select Post new thread :):upyeah:

9. Many thanks

Do Not Sell My Personal Information