1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1260 Puig Touring Screen

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Bumpkin, Sep 10, 2018.

1. Fitted a Puig Touring Screen to my 1260 yesterday. Had one of these on my MV Turismo Veloce and it was a vast improvement. On the Multistrada I would say definitely less so, in fact it maybe worse than the stock screen. I'll have to swap these around to make sure but there was a very perceptible 'thrumming' on the low position. Raising the screen did help but definitely not as significant a, if one at all, improvement as on the MV. I'm somewhat disappointed TBH.

I have read that there is a wind noise issue on the DVT models, looks like I'm entering that quest to find the best solution. I don't like the screen risers or the MRA style aerofoils much but maybe they're the answer.

For the sake of comparison I'm 6' tall and wear a Shoei GT Air

2. I am happy with the Puig Sport/racing screen on my 1260. Low position is much better then stock.....

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Touratech have one - but have not heard any reviews - looks wider and more angled for find deflection at the edges...

4. Was hoping to have a taller screen rather than shorter. Girlfriend is same height as me (6'). Going away on the bike next weekend and need to decide between the Puig or standard screen, will probably revert to the latter and sort out a better screen later. This is going to be one of those expensive trial and error things... I can tell :worried:

Hmmm... at that price (£175 tint, £165 clear) I'd want someone else to be the guinea-pig. However, they claim improvements in terms of turbulence and 'flutter'. It even goes so far as to say "guarantees a relaxed driving pleasure that doesn't exhaust the pilot nor the pillion passenger"... Reckon that's justifiable grounds for return if it's not blooming fantastic?

• Like Like x 1
  5. Ask them if you can do a trial based on that and if there is no noticeable improvement return it

You could wrap it in cling film during fitting and test to protect it

6. Had the same experience with the PUIG touring on the Enduro, worse than stock, too narrow and angle to shallow.

I'm also 6' using a Schuberth.

Also, tried another common brand but that was even worse, almost deadly.

Ended up with the TOURATECH and its much better, can open visor at any speed, i do get some minor buffeting when behind traffic in un-clean air, the answer is to get in front :)

I have it about 80% of the way up with the PALMER spacer frame\accessory bar combo.

The Enduro's ergos as slightly different than the regular multi so YMMV.

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. I found the same with the Puig. I now have the MRA with the spacers and it's an improvement but could still be better. I get no buffeting, just some wind noise.

8. Have done exactly that. If they're willing to stand by their claims then I can't see how they can refuse... we'll see.

9. Touratech have replied to my enquiry and are willing to accept a return if I fit and test the screen with the protective film intact. Have ordered one, here's hoping that won't be necessary. Will post a report once I can. From their website it looks like it's not available from UK stock so will be a week or two.

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  10. Keep us posted... if it works - it will be lots of sales for them!!

• Like Like x 1
  11. Spacers on oem screen worked wonders for me.

12. Anywhere to get these "spacers? Info seems sketchy on how/where to get them (I am in the US)?

13. MRA vario and spacers helped me. 5,9 and gt air.

• Love You Love You x 1
  14. Jamie is a member on here but if you contact him through here or ebay, due to very very slight differences, tell him what bike you are putting the spacers on, what year and what screen they are being attached too.

His member name on here is Jamie Clare

15. Got it, thanks!

• Like Like x 1
  16. DUCATI Gran Turismo Tinted Windscreen MTS1200 / 950 SKU: 97180221A has anyone tried this screen which is wider and taller? If so what is the feedback on noise and buffeting.

Cheers and thanks.

17. When DVT was launched I bought the Ducati touring screen - it was worse than the standard screen - so I cut it down to make a squared off pikes peak style - taller than PP by a few inches - but flat on top more or less.

Not sure if its the same one that you show..

18. Cheers Simon,

Maybe not then!

Do Not Sell My Personal Information