1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 Pulsing Front Brake

Discussion in 'Monster' started by firecat0_0, Aug 12, 2020.

1. I was once taught that warping is caused if one or more bobbins seizes - trapping the disk so it cannot expand uniformly.
    Not sure if it is true (or still true)
    but i religiously shake the disks loose on all bikes i have had

Maybe it just satisfies the gods of braking??

2. Interesting. The discs will expand diameter ('out' of their bobbins) when warmed by braking, so should float better. I guess that cruddy bobbins could prevent good seating when the discs cool back to size, thus causing distortion...:thinkingface:

3. I have used the m6 bolt and nut set up to spin and clean each of the bobbins, a few were tight so it will be interesting to see if it makes a difference. It would have probably made more sense to put a dial gauge to clock the discs first.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. The new EBC discs will put an end to that as the S Drive bobbins are squared off, not round.

5. Not familiar with S drive at all, will they put an end to the problem or end to cleaning using a bolt?

• Like Like x 1
  6. Both, they cannot be rotated but EBC say they don't need to be. Have a set on my Suzuki GSX1400 and they work fine, had no problems so far.

• Useful Useful x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information