1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Quantcast

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by scrawnsenior, Nov 27, 2019.

1. I get the ‘demand’ to accept tracking or not about 95% of the time when logging on using my iPhone or tablet(Android)! So do they want to track me or not.
    They may discover that I walk round in circles shouting at my ceiling lightbulb a great deal!

2. Have you got the ‘leave logged in’ box checked? Should t ask if you have.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. i have and still cant log in on my phone unless i accept its crap... i had done the reject all thing same as on my laptop and all was good but a few days later it popped up again and wont take no for an answer.. fucken annoying and i thought subscribers didnt get this...
    Why are we seeing this shit? @Rob ? any answers?

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. On my IPhone, I have to hold the screen and drag up, 1and the save and exit seems below the screen and obscured. Meanwhile, the back button is right in front of you :thinkingface:: unamused:

5. I had to clear my cookies over another issue forgetting about this bloody quantcast before I can sign into the forum.

It makes itself almost impossible to get past!!! :mad:

After not accepting vendors etc it wouldn’t allow me to scroll down to save and exit
    I gave up after a couple tries and stayed logged out for the day
    Tried again last night and after two attempts I finally managed to grab the save and exit

My junk mail is also being spammed upto 100 mails a day

Is there anyway of controlling quantcast as it’s especially hard on a phone :mad:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Love You Love You x 1
  6. Rob's and Terry's holidays don't pay for themselves....:D
    We are lucky we don't have to pay to provide the content we read on here.:astonished:

7. Get an adblocker Dave. I use AdGuard..
    It’s free and I’ve yet to see this qualcast thing

• Useful Useful x 3
  8. I have as blocker on my iPhone
    Is there an app I can get?

9. Don’t think this is related to ads, just use permission. May be, as with some sites, there are obligatory operational cookies needed but you have to agree to them. So surprised you haven’t seen at least once when the switch was made: maybe you have always remained logged in so it doesn’t know??

10. To be fair, it's not just this website/forum....
    I've had it on quite a few websites..... some "news" ones.

IF you google it... you'll find MUMSNET has quite a few upset about it... may be
    some of the same ones on here :yum:joy::joy::joy:

#110 AirCon, Jan 6, 2020
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 6, 2020
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. When it first came up I just accepted it, haven't had any problem since on my phone or pc, no pop ups, no spam e-mails, it's just fine.
    Steve

12. Yep have a look for AdGuard in App Store.

13. I’ve always logged in but never seen the quantcast. I just put it down to the AdGuard as many on here saying they were always getting it upon logging in.

14. Suspect that’s why. Test it: log out and see if it comes up ;) would be useful to know as most sites are plagued with this now!!

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Just did it on my phone and still no quantcast. Tried on laptop at work and it came up. :upyeah:

16. I noticed it more since this site has it

17. Thank you I will try that later at home :)

• Like Like x 1
  18. Worth a try and no harm done :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  19. I'm thinking that this may be an " upstream " issue with XenForo software ,
    which this forum runs on .

It might not be any fault of Admin on here , but I'm only guessing .
    It's possible that it can be opted out , from the admin control panel ,
    but obviously that's not accessible to forum members .

It's certainly an almighty nuisance !!

#119 oldtech, Jan 6, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 2
  20. See posts #48, #49 & #51 Steve. IMO best to log out, clear all cookies & caches and log back in to trigger the request, then open it, reject all and save. The permission it’s given when just accepted is frightening:astonished:, but I suppose it’s too late for all of us now, the horse is well and truly out of the stable.

• Useful Useful x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information