1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Quantum Physics

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by gliddofglood, Dec 14, 2014.

1. Surely the former, not the latter, just like our own Solar System.

2. The spokes are indeed curved.

3. this is all tied in with the synchrotron radiation concept

4. I think you're right. But then you ask yourself why they needed to view this in another galaxy if it's just a reproduction of our own Solar System. You'd have thought that the issue of dark matter would have already arisen to explain what happens closer to home.

5. Ah-hah!
    Thanks. I see what you mean.

6. This is neat

• Like Like x 5
  7. What happened at 1:31 ?????

8. just read up on 'The Cheshire Cat syndrome' in the dentist waiting room. Fascinating reading and made me think how blase we are about new discoveries today - only happened last year after being predicted possible for many years.

9. Hasn't something similar been on QI recently ?

10. BBC4, 9 pm - (new) Britain's Nuclear Secrets

11. Most of it's not that secret...

12. Something like in Fife, with the brown tourist signs to "Scotland's Secret Bunker" ?

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. It was an interesting program, although the ongoing link between nuclear power and nuclear weapons was glossed over. THORP was commissioned in the early 1990's in an attempt to gain control of plutonium production / extraction. Now we have too much of the stuff.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Dammit. Only just seen this and missed it.
    And no, I don't have iPlayer.
    Yes, i do understand that with some IP tweaking I could have it, but then other things would foul up.
    Whatever. It will be repeated sooner or later.

15. Hope it's repeated soon Glid

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  16. You can tweak things to watch it, and then un-tweak things back to normal.

I say "Normal", I mean of course "Switzerland".

17. :Watching:

18. Watch all you like, you shall not have it!!

19. :Watching:

Do Not Sell My Personal Information