1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question For All You Road Cyclists Out There....................

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by El Toro, Apr 6, 2020.

1. Almost worth subscribing for a face palm on that one :p

#141 bradders, Apr 7, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2020
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. Cycle paths are for kids and amateurs. Plus there’s loads of thorns and debris that might lead to a puncture. You pitch fork brigade wouldn’t wish that upon us, would you??
    No siree, it’s the smooth tarmac only for us Lycra clad, Colnago steeded super heroes ;)

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. Italian all the way - Forza :D

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. I do, have a pinnacle Arkose. I've been amazed by it. Ride it prity much anywhere the mountain bike goes.

IMG_20200326_140609.jpg

IMG_20200326_152257.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  5. I was looking at them just yesterday as my Ridgeback hybrid is 8 years old and was wanting something with drops. Is the government ride to work scheme operating at the moment...despite being furloughed and otherwise working from home when I go back...

6. thread closed

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. I cycle. Like everything in life it’s about showing some consideration. We all like our termis etc but few of us will go ragging it through villages making unnecessary noise

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Excuses,excuses!!!

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. No idea, I wouldn’t qualify anyway
    https://www.cyclesolutions.info/how-it-works?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIw4GnoOTW6AIVTbDtCh21fg54EAAYASABEgLBfPD_BwE

S
    eems it is

10. Its my first ever bike with drops, always ridden MTB. had it a couple of months and really like it. Think mine is the D2, got it in January sale. Rode a mates gravel bike to try for size and it seemed just so much easier and quicker on gravel paths/woods. It's got hydraulic brakes which I think are a must as mates bike didn't and it felt sketchy being able to slow enough or not.

• Like Like x 1
  11. @doggy nice surroundings.

Went out on this earlier sweet ride:

image.jpg

• Like Like x 6
    • Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  12. @Harry Bell Thanks bought back in 2006 off a chap in Leek he’d ridden it once and the derailleur got eaten into his wheel snapping the hanger off. I just single-speeded it as a Cheap run around, the paintwork on it is fantastic. It’s the last incarnation of the Master range a Techno’s the lightest they made in steel nice . I’ve a Carbon fibre Colnago Extreme power in the loft never built up, keep meaning to sell.

13. Not been on there for ages, but that’s more MTB’s, more a Singletrackworld viewer. Got a Pace rc300 hanging in the garage my lad rides it now the best bike I’ve ever owned. The geometry on it’s so good lovely square profile tubing.

14. Carbon Colnago - ooh tempting, the master is lovely though

• Like Like x 1
  15. They have a seperate road section there now too. I only found it when I was looking for details on my old Orange Clockwork

• Like Like x 1
  16. If you’re ever around Oundle stay out of the bike shop there he’s got some real sweet frames and builds, last I went in there he got a Chris King build on display. Colnago dealer too.

I bought it on a whim, got a lot of components together to build it just never got round to. It just lies in the loft unloved 54 square.

• Like Like x 1

17. Had 2 Clockwork Oranges, first 1 I bought from a small shop Neil Walton in Didsbury Manchester, put Maguras hydro stops and crazily enough a flex stem. Think that was back in 90 or 91, he was a Pace dealer too.

#159 DucatiScud, Apr 7, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2020

18. AFAIK they still make the steels, I know they re-released the Arbaresque after supposedly finding a box of lugs in the factory during a clean out. Gorilla (Oundle) bike had some stock, the Saronni is my all time favourite colour.

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information