1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1299 Quick Query On Loosening Caliper Bolts And Roadlok

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by drumm23, Oct 10, 2020.

1. Folks,

Trying to fit a Roadlok to my 1299, you have to take out the existing caliper bolts, stick the lock in and then reattach with replacement (longer) bolts. Looks straightforward but I can't loosen the existing bolts - all I have is an allen key, should that be enough or do I need to buy a sturdy socket wrench (particularly for retightening) - if so, what size would I need for the bolts and any recommendations on make? :upyeah:

Any help, much appreciated ;)

2. Loop a ring spanner over tge end of tge Allen key to increase your leverage..

• Like Like x 1
  3. Cheers Andy, will try that.

4. One more question while you're here... (I did a search but turned up very little); my 1299 is about 5 years old now and is still on the same tyres it left the shop with. Just wondering what tyres people are generally recommending for road use - particularly considering our region's tendency toward damp days? Cheers again :upyeah:

5. You really need socket driven versions for retightening to the correct torque

Its either 8mm or 10mm - but buy a set from Screwfix or Ebay or Amazon

upload_2020-10-10_17-42-37.png

6. Toolstation

upload_2020-10-10_18-20-10.png

7. Super - thank you :upyeah:

Do Not Sell My Personal Information