1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V4 Quick Shifter

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by BILLY GORDON, Feb 24, 2019.

1. just had my v4s out first run of year the quick shifter won't go down only working going up in the box has anyone else had this on the v4 it never let me down on my 1299

2. Throttle has to be 100% closed for qs to work on downshift. V4 seems to be very insistent on it, whereas 1299 was less so.

• Useful Useful x 1
  3. I had it closed still not down shift

4. Newness

5. in 2017 the RSV4 RF introduced down blipping even on open throttle, not sure why it's so difficult for Ducati to get it sorted. It sounds like you have an issue with your QS unit, does it always shift upwards perfectly or is that slightly dodgy?

6. I've seen numerous reports of V4 quick shifter quirks although not had it myself (March 2018 bike.) IIRC there was a software update related to the DQS but that may be a red herring. I'd take it to the dealer for diagnostics.

7. I think they’re probably worried about people over revving on down shifts

8. I really can’t get on with the quick shifter on the v4, to me seems delayed and ‘soft’. Just not crisp at all.

#8 Advikaz, Feb 25, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2019
  9. Mines never missed a beat after 700 odd track miles. Seems perfect.

That said, I’ve bought an after market plug and play HM job in case mine decides to play up when I’m away on a Euro gig.

10. Mine had this issue last year, I couldn't use it at all on downshifts!
    From memory... the dealership actually ended up replacing the QS unit and ran a Ducati update and it hasn't missed a beat since.

11. I had a mare with mine at the TT last year, had to have it changed and also loads of software updates, not had any issues since (fingers are crossed)

12. Which one is that? I can't see an option for the V4 on the HM website. I had one on the S1000RR and it was excellent.

[Update] Yet I can see a V4 HM Quickshifter on Reactive Parts site. Weird.

#12 vectorzero, Feb 26, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2019
  13. Yep, that’s the one. Got it from Reactive Parts.

14. Have you fitted it yet? I remember on the S1000 it was handy to use the dyno to work out the exact cut time. I notice a distinct cut in power on the V4 which might be the mechanical nature of the switch - or more likely my old and slow left foot movements. Tap dancing was never my forte.

15. Good to know ta. No mate, not fitted it yet. My OE has worked perfectly up to now. I keep the HM in my toolbox as a spare, mainly to cover euro track days.

16. Bike in Ducati Glasgow to get it fixed

17. New quick shifter fitted today they can't get it to work
    keeps giving faulty codes got bike back the will contact ducati
    to see what the fault is

Do Not Sell My Personal Information