1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 DVT Quickshifter Multistrada Dvt What Is The Feedback? And What Is The Best One To Get?

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by phil street fighter, Apr 16, 2017.

1. Quickshifter multistrada dvt what is the feedback? and what is the best one to get?

2. Personally I wouldn't bother. Not sure the gearbox is built for it.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  3. yea thats what i thought, although i thought it was simular to the panigale and that has one

4. Very different engines and gearboxes. I think its quite telling that Ducati don't even offer one as an accessory.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. yes its wierd, they dont offer one on the monster 1200r yet it comes standard on the new s, i had one on my streetfighter and a clunkyer box you couldnt find, the shifter worked well, so im not buying that the box is too clunky because it is not at all. i thivk it is because they sell without them and well less is more to the factory, more profit that is, i love the mutley but as its a 20k plus bike i think there should be one

6. When visiting Snells recently the Service tech mistook me for someone who'd tried a quickshifter on his DVT. I had a chat as I'd wondered about the benefits, but he said the QS didn't work well as the gear linkage on the Multi 'wasn't long enough'. I can't remember which QS was tried and don't know enough about their actuation to know if he was talking sense.

7. Exactly why I wouldn't fit one, apart from it not needing it. Hoping next gen multi will be able to take a blipper tho, that would be useful

8. i think it would benefit from one as when accelerating hard through the gears and getting kinda behind the screen my clutch hand is in the wrong position, i always think it would benefit from one then

9. The new Monster has had its gearbox bearings beefed up to take a QS, which is why it isn't fitted to the earlier ones. Its not about how silky smooth the gearbox is but about whether it can take the increased load that a QS will give it.

10. although what your saying makes sense , why oh why wouldnt the fit beefy barings to start with?? not like the monster 1200r and pikes peak are the budget options??? i love ducati but these details just piss me off.

11. I guess they were not part of the original design. These bikes were designed probably 5 years ago or more when QSs were only deemed suitable for race bikes and sportsbikes and then only top of the range ones.

12. Likely. Remember it's essentially a 1098 to begin with. While they sorted out the timing did they do the rest of the motor? Probably not...

13. i dont agree, my 2011 and 2013 street fighters had shifters, so they were deffo expected, when you buy a premium product you expect the best of everything. and that includes technology, if your theory is correct then we as ducatisti and lovers of the brand are being ripped off. bmw has it on their multistrada rival, so does the ktm, so does the aprilia, so does the mv and im sure the jap shite has it too.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Q/s's are great fun and becoming the norm on big bikes. I would love one on my Multi, but would be nervous about fitting one as I'd worry that it would void the warranty should the bike have a gearbox issue.

I wouldn't be surprised if the next model has a q/s though as I do think Ducati are missing a trick by not putting one on (as someone else has already said), and also any bike that costs this much to buy should have one as standard IMO.

• Like Like x 1
  16. There is obviously a reason they don't fit one or offer one.I have read some reports that it isn't compatible with the DVT system but no idea if that is true.

I'm not sure 'being ripped off' is how i would see it though. You knew it didn't have one when you bought the bike.

• Agree Agree x 3
  17. yes i did know it didnt have one but that is my point, the rest of the bike is amazing and i would have bought one anyway, regardless of the fact the seating position is quite shite too, and ducati must know this as they feature a 3rd party option on their own website for nearly 800 quid which is a total piss take. if you look at the video link that victit has listed above it shows that it can be easily done, it would be nice if ducati would do one and guarentee it. it is just exploiting our brand loyalty so yes i would call it being ripped off

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  18. I think you are missing the point phil: yes it can be done, and pretty well too, but if Ducati don't think the gearbox is up to it over a long lifetime and 20k plus miles, they won't offer an option.

It's telling they don't offer an option... :)

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. I don't get how its exploiting your loyalty. If you wanted a bike with a QS, then buy something else. Or fit the Healtech and see how it goes.

Loads of bikes don't have a QS and Honda have only just fitted their first one to any bike.

• Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information