1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1260 Quickshifter Question

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Timg, Apr 9, 2019.

1. Hi just picked up my new Multistrada 1260 & having never used a quickshifter before I have a question that I would like definitively answering. Do you use the quickshifter as normal in the running in period?
    I have only done a few miles so far & am having trouble selecting neutral , mainly seeing a - dash on the display when it should be N. I’m led to believe this will clear up after the first service?
    Thanks in advance

2. The neutral problem will go away as the miles go by, the box needs a bit of running in.
    I used it as normal during running in except that I rarely use it (even now) for 1st to 2nd and vice versa. It will do it but it is smoother to use the clutch IMO.
    Best results are to ensure you are on the gas for upshifts and have the throttle completely closed for downshifts.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Thanks for that Veetwin

4. all of it will ease with use. downshifts especially were a bugger sometimes before bedding in. that and fact you get used to it, means wouldnt be without it now :)

5. You need to exercise all the running gear during the running in period which also includes the clutch. I was advised to be a little less than gentle with the clutch to help with bedding in on my V4 and as I near my 600 mile service, everything is beginning to feel seamless. Except of course when I get it wrong. Andy

6. Cheers Fraser

7. Cheers

Do Not Sell My Personal Information