1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1299 Quickshifter

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by pauly, Sep 13, 2021.

1. Searching, it seems quickshifter issues aren't unheard of. Mine seems to work up and down fine, except occasionally from 5th to 6th and then only at high revs. When there can be a slight delay before 6th gear engages. Is there an adjustment to cure this, or is it back to the dealer for a new part?

2. To paraphrase Who lyrics, “Meet the new part, same as the old part”.
    Yes, there are issues.
    No, it cannot be adjusted.
    Consider replacing the OEM mechanical unit with an after-market strain-gauge unit.

• Like Like x 1
  3. These issues seem to never be fully understood, but I'd first check basics. Chain adjusted properly. Anything loose on the rod or any pivot points? Think back to when it last worked, did you make any changes? If it has tyre calibration, run it. After that, probably a dealer job/official service place to get it plugged in.

4. Thanks, I'll check the chain tension. The bike is under warranty, though I'll probably wait until I take the bike off the road for the winter.

5. when you say delay, do mean like it fires you though the screen? if so i had the same and received a replacement Shifter ( different part number from my dealer.
    seems to solve the issue.. so far..

• Like Like x 1
  6. Not quite, but there is a momentary pause in drive, like the cut is too long. Do you know what the part number of the replacement shifter is?

7. Yeah I experience this occasionally on track from 5th to 6th, found that making sure I'm being very positive with upshifts helps but still catches every now and again up top. I'll likely swap to the translogic unit over winter

8. I’m on my forth one , last one replaced outside of warranty after I contacted the factory directly. So far so good. If I was using it for track I would buy the HM quickshifter.

9. I'll try a replacement standard shifter first. I searched for 1299 aftermarket quickshifters, and they seemed very expensive compared to the jap bike versions.

10. Anyone touting a strain gauge shifter of any brand is a goose - simple as that.

Get a Healtech QS and you will never have an issue again - simple as that.

11. I have a translogic and it's far superior than the standard quickshifter which once the failure sets in is utterly dangerous

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. I’ve noticed my 1299 having the same issues going from 5th to 6th, more often when engine is hot, as Christ says i need to be more positive when changing up, bike still under warranty so dealer can have a look at it.

13. Tell me about it … I’m also having issues .. 3rd upwards in high revs … false neutrals it’s a nightmare … escalated to Ducati uk for a resolution … but they dragging their feet … I think in general Ducati really need to look at their quickshifter technology

14. So I recently found out my V2 had some issues that might be worth checking out after similar symptoms. Clutch rod scored to death and gear selector rounded off. Not saying that's your issue, but it's something else to check. Also no idea how it ended up that way, but it did.

15. Great will get them to check … thanks for the input …

Do Not Sell My Personal Information