1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Quotes

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by XH558, Mar 24, 2019.

1. All things in moderation except moderation. Oscar Wilde.

• Like Like x 2
  2. The purpose of our lives is to be happy. Dalai Llama.

• Like Like x 2
  3. There’s only one thing worse than being talked about and that’s not being talked about!

The handbag himself.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Mine is a most peaceable disposition. My wishes are: a humble cottage with a thatched roof, but a good bed, good food, the freshest milk and butter, flowers before my window, and a few fine trees before my door; and if God wants to make my happiness complete, he will grant me the joy of seeing some six or seven of my enemies hanging from those trees. Before death I shall, moved in my heart, forgive them all the wrong they did me in their lifetime. One must, it is true, forgive one's enemies-- but not before they have been hanged." -Heinrich Heine

• Like Like x 3
  5. If it flys, floats, or fucks, rent it. Bernie Ecelstone amongst others.

6. "There's going to be no circumstances, you see people being lifted off the roof of a Embassy of the United States from Afghanistan. "

President Biden

• Useful Useful x 2
  7. A problem shared is a problem halved
    Eh, @XH558
    :)

• Like Like x 2
    • WTF WTF x 1
  8. Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. A belt will last the whole engine life. The engine life simply ends, when the belt fails

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. "lost a few marbles along the way and the ones I have left i'm not really in charge of."

11. “ Never before was so much owed by so many to so few.”
    Winston Churchill 20th August 1940.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Heavy is the head that wears the Crown

13. “He may look like an idiot and talk like an idiot but don't let that fool you. He really is an idiot”

Groucho Marx

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness

Mark Twain

• Like Like x 2
    • Love You Love You x 1
  15. Never give up, as your victory's just round the corner.

16. Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man.

Friedrich Nietzsche

17. "We will coup whoever we want! Deal with it.” Elon Musk

• Like Like x 1
  18. It's better to walk alone, than with a crowd going in the wrong direction.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. "For really I think that the poorest he that is in England hath a life to live as the greatest he"

Thomas Rainsborough
    New Model Army
    Putney Debates 1647

Do Not Sell My Personal Information