1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 R&g Aero Crash Protectors

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by nigeleeezzzz, Nov 20, 2018.

1. Anyone use them and do they protrude far enough to protect the plastics if you drop the bike manoeuvring at walking speed?
    I'm such a clumsy twat, its inevitable that at some stage I'll be picking the bike up off the ground! :worried:

2. Yes and yes :upyeah::)

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Get the fork ones too. Don’t ask how I know.

Barkbusters “guards for the knuckle guards” are recommended by many, but haven't got them myself yet. Replacing knuckle guards is cheap (well done Ducati), just don’t hope you don’t fk up the indicator blade.....not so cheap.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. Evotech ones, IMHO, provide the same level of cover and look nicer.

Also component parts are available. When the mechanic dropped my MV they couldn't get just the one R&G bung, had to order a complete new kit.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. I have fitted R&G bungs to each of my Multis. Yes, I have found they are good at minimising damage from falling over at low speed/stationary. I have not tested them in a high speed get-off!

In my opinion, protecting the plastics is not as important as protecting the water pump, radiator, engine casings, front forks, and swinging arm. The cost of the R&Gs pays for itself sooner or later - probably several times over.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. Triumph Sprint ST Rear and fron along with spindle wheel types and No and No. Damage to underside of fairing

Do Not Sell My Personal Information