1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1260 R & G Engine Case Covers

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Hexme, Dec 6, 2019.

1. Hope someone can help. Been looking at these online for about £95 for a pair, how are they fitted to the bike? I saw mention of being bolted, does this mean removing the original bolts holding on the engine cases?

Thanks

2. From memory you have to remove about 4 or 5 of the original bolts (there are about 10 in total) on the clutch housing cover and replace them with longer bolts (they come with the R&G cover) that hold the casing cover and the clutch cover ….with spacers between the clutch cover and the R&G cover (they also supply the spacers).

The water pump cover replaces the existing cover (if one is fitted - see other threads about the padding behind the original cover causing corrosion) and is fitted with two bolts into the existing bolts which have threaded heads. If a cover wasn't fitted (my 1200 DVT PP didn't have one but my 1260 PP does) you have to buy the two thread-headed bolts from ducati. I have the past numbers if needed.

I had mine both carbon dipped at A1 Hydroprint in Whitney and they look great (IMO).

#2 SteveE, Dec 6, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
    • Drama Queen Drama Queen x 1
  3. Thanks Steve.

4. Added a picture to show the bolts

Had this dipped two years ago when it was on my previous DVT and shows some rubbing. About to replace with a new one. Has totally protected the clutch housing

4A0EB93E-422C-414B-B3C4-3E6E068DDCEE.jpeg

• Like Like x 3
  5. they look mint!

• Like Like x 1
  6. Imho, these are more useful and strategic than frame sliders. Combined with a Baxley ride-in stand will provide you with protection and practicallity for not that much more money.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information