1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V4 R Power To Weight Ratio..

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by andyb, Nov 5, 2018.

1. Rumours are putting the base model at around 15 ish

2. Screen Shot 2018-11-06 at 17.03.39.png

based on their numbers the power to weight ratio is... 0.95 compared to the V4R of 1.42 id say the bimmer was crap!

3. Its bloody cheap tho, how can they make such a bike for so little money? It makes you wonder. I dont want one personally, not my thing. But if it drives the market down, that cant be a bad thing for us consumers.

4. That's fully fueled. If the tank holds 20L that's about 15kg.

5. Ah fair enough, the link took me to the old model but the new one is there now, despite the media saying pricing is next year.

What amazing value!! It’s got me thinking. Definitely need to go for a test ride.

6. Well if the older, heavier, less powerful BMW was faster around Navarra Circuit than the V4S - ridden by racers and experienced riders - I’d be interested to see how the new one performs ;)

7. New Aprilia RSV4 Factory looks impressive... ok, will be more £ than the BMW, but less than the V4S Pani (assuming Ducati are selling that model in 2019?). Lot of power from the bigger motor and WINGS - weeeeayh!!!

If I was buying new (which I'm not, quite happy with my 2012 RSV4 Factory and brace of Desmoquattro - engined Ducatis), then I would be looking that way...

8. I reckon you're about right for 15kgs of fluids for half tank, oil, coolant and brake fluid (assuming that mean 'all fluids')
    Assuming the tank is 17litres, that's 8.5kg of fuel,
    4 litres roughly of oil is 12.5, and then 2ish litres of coolant and however much brake fluid is about 15litres
    I do wonder why manufactures measure without Oil/Coolant/Brake Fluid as it's not like you can run your bike without them, and the volumes don't change

Out of interest, what bike do you have that's 152Wet and 190bhp ?

9. Just look at the comparison video between the S1000XR and MTS 1200. Very close claimed HP figures, very different on the dyno.

• Like Like x 1
  10. More like 12kg, as fuel is c.75kg per litre is t it? I always worked on a kilo per litre, same was water, to be safe

Do Not Sell My Personal Information