1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1198 R

Discussion in '848 / 1098 / 1198' started by JoeC, Oct 29, 2017.

1. Mmmmmmm race bike!! :yum

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Though I love ex race bikes the 1198r would be the one to go for.

• Agree Agree x 4
  3. Theres a nice looking SPO 888 on there at 10k€

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. Personally I'd take an 1198R over a D16, more practical especially with regards to maintenance, better power (torque) delivery IMO and both are more than fast enough.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. The decision was between the 1198R or the 1098R Super Stock bike - he's saving his pennies for a D16 as well :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Who does he think he is? You? :thinkingface:

7. I can't offord these hyper Ducati's, he's you isn't he? :eek:

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  8. Can't be or he'd be buying both :mad:

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. See @Robarano , your reputation proceeds you :)

10. I'm skinto atm :sob: I fancy a 999R in the stable, but don't have the funds. :( How many do you have again? o_O

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  11. Tough one.....
    1198R seems much more rare than a 1098R.
    Ex superstock..can mean a lot or can mean nothing.
    A lot of the race bikes have the proper parts removed and is difficult to check what is inside the engine...but then 1/2 price.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. IMG_0233.JPG I could do you a deal on mine if you like? Good pedigree (Ex. Lorenzo etc.) and in perfect condition. That way I could have a D16 at the same time as the others!

• Like Like x 3
  13. That's the bottom line, to really know what you're getting for your money you have to pull the engine to bits, that's where the money/value is hiding or missing.

14. Yes but he said buying this would spaff all his budget for the D16 which is what I was getting at. I'd also take it over the 1098 race bike too, depends why you want a bike of course but the last thing I'd want is an old race bike...

15. Oooh, don't see many of them. Rare as hens teeth they are. IIRC there were only about 5 or 6 made it to our shores. I was looking for one before I bought my R but no chance.
    I'd buy that in a heartbeat if I got the chance. And I wouldn't be ragging it round a race track either.

16. did you manage to get it into the bunker before the nuclear fallout permeated Joe?

17. 1198R all the way. that superstock bike been up for sale for ages . must be a good reason why its not sold in that time at that price...

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. You must mean the terrible photography? It was a bright day on Saturday and I haven't cleaned the lens on my phone very well huh!

• Like Like x 1
  19. Soooo, what you decided? :thinkingface:

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. Sat at the laptop right this minute (slacking off work) trying to contact the guy with the 1198 and checking my online banking every 2" to see if any of my large outstanding invoices have been settled yet!

• Like Like x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information