1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R1 In The Garage

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by cookster, May 10, 2019.

1. Well the r6 didn't last long guys , nice bike but not enough grunt.

Here's the replacement it's a 2008 r1 and it's bonkers only ridden it round the block but I feel so much at home on it than I did the r6.
    IMG-20190503-WA0007.jpg
    IMG-20190503-WA0006.jpg IMG-20190503-WA0004.jpg IMG-20190503-WA0002.jpg IMG-20190503-WA0001.jpg

• Like Like x 16
  2. Bonkers indeed matey

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Nice :upyeah:

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. They are great bikes, Had one new in 2005

• Like Like x 1
  5. Got to be a buzz putting that on the stop.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Only thing I want to change is the short levers can't stand um.:mad:

• Agree Agree x 4
  7. Enjoy!

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  8. You'll just need the rossi matching leathers neXt;),keep it sunny side up and nail it:upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  9. Nice 180ish bhp on tap , these have the ram air don’t they , very rideable and great value ,

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Very quick bikes, had a lot of fun on my 06 version, mine in France 2008 with ltd edition R1 just hidden behind it in the picture...the wasps especially liked that bike, and the rider too in one piece matching yellow leathers (never laughed so much each time we stopped they went straight for him..)

Verdon copy.jpg

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  11. that looks as tidy as my wife

12. Nice one cookie.. was gonna reply on the R1 forum but am on here more .. its hard to get your head around a 600 when you're used to litre bike point and squirt.. i did the same a couple of years back.. my 600rr only lasted me about 6 months!! Enjoy the yammie.. fab bikes and amazing handling!

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  13. Had a 2008 that I used on track, thing was an animal. They are completely different with a flash

14. Yeah this one has had decat, m4 exhausts on it and remap , but I'm going to get it on the dyno just to make sure it's fuelling right. The rear sets are a work of art too.

@frazzle Yeah mate the 600 was a good bike but just not enough , I should have known better really .

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Had a 2007 myself. Absolutely rapid and the last sports bike I owned before getting the multi

• Like Like x 1
  16. @JH_1986 same bike I belive bud 07 and 08, I've spoken to a few yam fans and they reckon the earlier bikes are better than the big bang bikes.

17. Just needs some gold lightweight wheels.....

• Like Like x 1
  18. I didn’t think it would take you long :grinning:

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  19. ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^like this one:upyeah:
    bikepics-1512150-full.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  20. Im going to get it on the dyno first @Cream_Revenge before I start throwing money at it.

• Like Like x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information