1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R1 In The Garage

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by cookster, May 10, 2019.

1. @XH558 there standard wheels mate.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  2. Are you sure:thinkingface:or do mean factory black wheels with a splash of gold:thinkingface:

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Yeah painted standards, creamy has a set of light weight ones waiting for me in the pipe line.

• Like Like x 3
  4. Nice bike

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. I had a common issue on mine where a wire by the headstock rubs through. Its the immobiliser and you get an error when trying to start it. Quick fix but keep an eye on it

FB_IMG_1557553512719.jpg

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. i dont think ive got an immobiliser on mine.

7. My bro just had his back tweaked to 204 bhp tested at the rear wheel, and Maxton shocks done. I'd say it's an animal alright, but it's not an especially pretty bike imho.

• WTF WTF x 1
  8. i love the look of it, especially with the under seat pipes.

9. Comes standard.

10. I don't like the paint jobs, and it looks too angular rather than flowing like a new Duke. The wing mirrors might work though.

11. Ducati has a built in immobiliser. It's Italian engineering.

12. It is a lovely bike, and I love the exhaust pipe also. Travel safe on it. I just love the 1098 flow, and its redness and shininess. It's also considerably cheaper to insure than an R1, as every scrote in the country doesn't want to nick it instantly.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Mine had RaceFit ones. Offensively loud :p

• Like Like x 2
  14. PS, when I say it's not especially pretty, neither is Daniel Craig if you get my drift.

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. He's probably gutted over that comment now. Kept talking about you :joy:

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. @JH_1986 non of my keys have a transponder in um mate and there is no key imobilizer light on the dash either :thinkingface:

17. I had a beautiful blue one back in 2000 like this one,secondhand from a chap in guildford (one year old/owner low mileage machine,150 power),and i loved it:yum:upyeah:
    4_0.jpg

18. i had a red and white 99 full ohlins ect was a nice bike

• Like Like x 1
  19. The 98/99 years in both colours were a bit special IMO:upyeah:

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Nice bike, enjoy!

• Thanks Thanks x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information