1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R1 throttle mod on 999

Discussion in '749 / 999' started by Peo!!, Apr 1, 2012.

1. Had my first proper ride out since I fitted a 2004 throttle tube onto my 999s... It's just perfect, not too snappy for the road but I don't need 2 handfuls of throttle to hit the stop either. I reckon it's 15 quid well spent... Infact probably the least I've ever spent on my duke since I bought it:)

• Like Like x 3
  2. Oh tell more about this mod. I hate that on my 749 but quick throttle are a bit expensive :-/
    Please share ;-)

3. Yes the non r1/r6 mods are expensive just had an a accossato QA throttle and levers fitted , very nice quality though.

• Like Like x 1
  4. This is the part No 4yr-26240-02-00 I fitted one to my 999 its a straight swap and stops you having to twist and twist then twist some more to get to warp speed 9

• Like Like x 2
    • Nuke Post Nuke Post x 1
  5. Just found a load of info about this on Google. Is it really that easy cause there's a yamaha dealer down the road so ill be there first thing as got the week of ;-)

6. Very easy mod. Just get down to a Yamaha dealer, order a 2004 R1 throttle tube, take it home and it takes about 15 mins to slot into the existing housing with the existing cables... Job done.

• Like Like x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. Got one on my evo...:upyeah:

4YR-26240-02-00

8. Does anyone know if this works with an SSie ?

9. Well I ordered one so hopefully ill have by the weekend :)))))

If it is as good as you guys say ill be really happy

• Like Like x 1
  10. Has anyone tried this on a 1098s?

11. Howdo!

Excuse my ignorance do you have 2 cables going to your throttle? Mine only has one on my ST3 throttle.

Cheers Pablo

12. It'll fit. :)

13. Yes two. I guess you could just use one on the tube. The tube has to fit inside the housing otherwise it will clamp the throttle closed!

• Like Like x 1
  14. Definitely the way to go, I didn't use the aforementioned R1 throttle tube, but had a Quick action throttle fitted by Pro-Twins on my 749s, seem to recall it cost in the region of £55, but very pleased with the results, the O.E.M throttle requires far too much wrist action!

• Like Like x 1
  15. I might have a go with this mod (like everyone else now so we should have some feedback).
    I find it funny that we are using r1 tubes and suzuki tl owners are using 999 throttle tubes.
    Maybe they havent tried r1 tubes yet.

16. So how much quicker are these throttle tubes, I just checked my 05 999 and its got about 90 degrees of turn. How much less turn has an R1 tube got and does it make riding in town a bigger pain? Cheers Keith.

17. I'll let you know soon as just had a voicemail saying the part arrived, so when I fit it post some info.
    Just annoying as typical I'm in high Wycombe now and need to get back home in time to get it before they close.

18. The other side benefit I found when I fitted mine is it did a way with all the slack that came with the stock one. Don't like slack...:eek:

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Just done this tonight on the 749 and apart from messing about a bit trying to get the throttle housing to close back up, it was a doddle to fit really. It would take about 5 minutes if I had to do it again now.

I've not tried it on the road yet, but a quick garage test and it seems to remove all the slack on the factory fitted throttle that i used to hate and makes a big difference from shut to fully open action. I didn't have to adjust cable tensions either!!

For £10 it's seems a brilliant mod at the moment, really looking forward to trying it out now!

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information