1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R1 throttle mod on 999

Discussion in '749 / 999' started by Peo!!, Apr 1, 2012.

1. Done this to my 749. Definitely a good compromise on a proper QA throttle. Fraction of the price. Could do with it being a bit faster on track though.

2. Been out today, I would say its a definite improvement much easier to get full throttle with one twist not massive but better, the lack of play is a bonus and it feels easier to get on the power out of bends, win win for the price

• Like Like x 1
  3. IMG_1223.JPG Finally put me tube on this morning and it does feel a bit smoother.

Whether it improves my riding skills ?

Probably not!

• Like Like x 1
  4. Twist doesn't seem to trigger back as well as it did. A bit sticky. Has anyone else had this issue ?

5. Your picture looks like the casing around the cable cam is not seated properly. I had no issues on a 999 and 1198 with binding.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. :confused:I can't see what I've done wrong

7. Screenshot_20190907-184248.png

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  8. :upyeah:Thank you

• Like Like x 1
  9. Will be sorting this in the morning and putting my new exact start cables on :bucktooth:

10. Is that not just the pin not seated in the hole in the bar?

11. The locator pin is on the switch unit. No need to touch that when doing the mod.

12. [​IMG]

• Useful Useful x 1
  13. It's important to make sure the grip isn't binding at either end.

• Useful Useful x 1
  14. Good point
    ..... and easily overlooked !

15. Yep that pin wasnt seated on mine and I had the same problem

• Useful Useful x 1
  16. Thread resurrection viola google search!!
    Does this mod work on Monster S4 too?

17. have you got twin throttle cable.....:pensive:

18. No...
    no, I have no idea ....but I'd like something like this on the ss. Never really noticed till I took it on track but It does take some twisting...

19. So any ducati with two cable will be ok?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information