1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

899 Race Screen Reccomendation

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by Daniel Howes, Jan 15, 2018.

1. Looking at changing out the standard screen for a double bubble race screen. I have been looking at MRA and Puig screens. Has anyone fitted one of these to their bike at all and can reccomend which one they think would be better at all?
    Cheers

2. Not on the Panigale but I have both an MRA and a Puig for the 1198 and Mrs M's Monster and both are excellent quality. Neither were particularly cheap but both were worth the extra over the 'Cheaper' makes out there...

HTH.

• Like Like x 1
  3. I have 2 of the MRA on the 1299 + track fairing, fit is OEM and they are quite resilient.
    I like the black painted lower part of the screen, and I use the light smoke high screen as I like to have a clear field of vision.
    they come supplied with a trim for the edge to neaten it up as I think this is a Tuv requirement in case of a crash, sharp edges ect.
    would buy another if needed, and I used Ebay as they were the cheapest at the time of purchased.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Thanks for he replies. Do you think there is also a aspect of it being more aesthetically pleasing than the standard lower, clear screen?

5. I too am looking to change the screen on my 899 but can't make my mind up which one to go for. I like the look of the tall light tint race screens. Also something to bear in mind is that once fitted this will restrict the mirrors from folding in.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Ducati performance screen!

• Like Like x 1
  7. Have you fitted one @Adamwhittuk ?
    Do you need to remove the nose cone to do so ?

8. I have one fitted but the dealer put it on. I do believe they are fiddly to fit and the correct way is to remove the nose however i've heard people say they can fit without removing the nose...

9. I fit mine without removing the nose cone and landed up losing the bottom two grommets. I’ve read somewhere that you can do it without losing the bottom two grommets, but I read it after I had already installed mine, so it was too late. I bought a cheapo Chinese one and don’t regret it one bit.
    7159038C-6014-4F37-BB01-5B64EE0408B5.jpeg B8B37993-D29C-425A-B37A-70532B975ABB.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  10. Will it make you go faster? :)

Do Not Sell My Personal Information