1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

996 Race Seat

Discussion in '748 / 916 / 996 / 998' started by cookster, Sep 4, 2017.

1. "lots of good info there, I use a glassfibre seat from Sebimoto with the self made backet bonded into the inside.
    what are the options for the internal frame (Carbon etc) I find my rear seat becomes unlatched on track quite often and I would like to go the other way and use the Duz fasteners, any pointers to where I can get the bracket would be welcome.."

The two most used options tend to be as per the photos. The more rounded one was found on bikes like the 748RS and the squarer one came from a bike equipped with the P8 ECU.

Both require an alloy subframe if you want to use them unless you can modify a steel one.

As mentioned I did make a single Dzus fixing for a steel subframe for use on a race bike once and it worked perfectly well and did not come loose. It also helps that you can tape the Dzus fastener in place for extra security.

As for availability they are extremely rare now, the last person I knew that had one in stock was in Australia, they were Gowanloch and had a couple in stock which had come directly from Ducati.

I do have a spare square one that was modified for a race bike by LouigiMoto that I would probably part with, this is the square type as per the P8 ECU subframe bikes. You will need a P8 subframe though if you were interested in purchase.

https://ducati-gowanloch.com/

Seat support.jpg

Seat support carbon2.jpg

View attachment 96928

#21 Red998, Sep 6, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  2. thanks for the response, by the look of it ( just been on google pictures and found an older post from you about this) I need the 748rs style as I have the P6 Ecu fitted sideways as its a 2001 996s. but might be interested on the other version if I can also source a rear subframe as well in the future, if you would like to Pm me :)

3. I feel just fine :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. I can't find a brand name on my fairing but it's fibreglass.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Thanks Thanks x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information