1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Racing Ecu Issues S4

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by RichyThompson, Jun 25, 2019.

1. Thanks Derek, for the excellent TPS reset instructions and ChrisW for the link, it went pretty much to plan, although the voltage on the meter jumped up and down a bit even though all the screws were tight. Ran it a while and the TPSis reading 1.9 degrees on the Iawdiag program and the voltages continued to check out.
    Went for a test ride, I have a misfire around 2500rpm and an inspection of the plug shows the engine is running very rich, which is down to the Racing ECU and its map. I see there is a facility to adjust the c02 on Iawdiag, is it wise to try different settings, lean it off a bit? or should I try the original map from my original (bust) ECU, or find one suited to my needs?

2. I've been away for a few days and just got back. Good to hear that you've managed to do the TPS mechanical reset. Really fiddly isn't it.
    By all means try adjusting the fuel trim but note what it is set at before you start so that you can always return it back to the start point if necessary. Do this with a warm engine and adjust the trim in whatever direction is required to achieve the fastest idle speed then to be on the safe side back it off a couple of increments in the rich direction. If necessary adjust the idle speed with the air bleeds, moving both by the same amount (again note where they are first by screwing them fully in and counting how far you have to turn them then winding them back to the start point). Screwing them in should reduce the idle speed.
    This of course is not the "proper" procedure but it mimics what I've done with carburetors for years and should give a good idle and low speed pickup with the CO probably in the 4% to 5% range.

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information